• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]AMD SB850 Southbridge in Limited Supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
AMD_logo_120.jpg

On April 27th, AMD Corp. was launching Phenom II X6 processors and, at the same time, its new 8-series chipsets. Industry sources now report that the new SB850 southbridge, one of two parts making up the chipsets, is available in limited quantities to motherboard manufacturers. According to Digitimes, the sh...

Last edited:
I saw my south bridge naked yesterday. ;) Shame it's a 750 though.

I wonder why this is. Most of the time if a product is in low supply, they would reschedule the release wouldn't they?

this makes me have to upgrade sooner then later it looks like....

I really wanted to wait at least a month or so.

Wow going to make it slightly hard to find a board with the full works of the 8 series chipset for the 1st year at best if it's that bad, mind you there's not much difference as stated.

The article is fud , AMD employee on XS confirmed it to be :p There is no reason for 850 to be in short supply it uses same manufacturing node as 750.

Back