• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Free Water Cooling...Or Marketing Gimmick? Or Both?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I used to work for iBuypower. That is the same cooler they have been installing for at least 3 years now. The same cooler they get from asetek for $13.

I figured they were cheap, but that's insanely cheap. I don't think they could even produce them that low. Asetek has to make a profit. It doesn't sound reasonable that unit could even be made for $13, much less sold for it.

I figured they were cheap, but that's insanely cheap. I don't think they could even produce them that low. Asetek has to make a profit. It doesn't sound reasonable that unit could even be made for $13, much less sold for it.

I'm not going to go into the failure rate. We used to get at least 10-15 systems a week in the RMA department with issues directly related to this cooler. Leaking, pumps failing, bad contact between the head and the cpu. They are a nightmare.

Wow, that's horrible. Rest assured the H50 is not of this unit's ilk then. Corsair couldn't divulge numbers when I interviewed them, but let's just say they are on the far, far other end of the spectrum from what you're talking about.

By a slight bending of certain rules of English - and ethics - I can see where this statement might be true. Since advertising copywriters don't hold to either of those values as a general rule what I see is indeed hype but nothing you don't see everyday, 10 to 15 minutes apart, on every TV in the world - and nothing that can be taken into court either.

I agree it's sad, very sad, when computer vendors have to stoop this low but face it guys - the average computer user today (especially the ones that would buy that case!) are not very, uh, "reason-oriented" people. This seriously emotional appeal is exactly what should prove most successful for getting the target audience to part with their money. In the end, that's what advertising - any and all advertising - is about ...

Last edited:
Back