• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/c issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ble81

O/C issues

I am probably beating this into the ground but please forgive me as I am trying to get a real good O/C on this barton. And I do not have the experience that all of you have so I am seeking knowledge from people that have been down this road that I am taking. In my post "new barton revisited" http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=310137
I gave as much info on my system that I had Abit KD7-E mobo, 512Mb of PC2700 memory DDR333 ... and so on. We seem to all agree that it may be my memory causing the problems and I do agree with you too about my memory being part of my problems. This morning I looked at my specs and saw that sitting idle overnight that my memory is using up to 95% physical memory and something like 8% Virtual Memory. And 3% of something else that I do not remember at the moment. Now If there were a way to move the usage of my physical memory to another source like virtual memory that would ease up the physical memory and might give me a better o/c . Am I correct in my thinking on this??? I am using a screen saver but one it is "Pipes" from the windows system.
Thanks for your help and I appreciate your patence as well.

-Brian
By the way at the moment I am overclocking this to 2083.01Mhz (189 x 11).

Docta_Z

Check out the "Reformat to Relax" and other XP tuning guides on www.tweakguides.com for a bit of info on setting up pagefiles optimally, as well as other windows settings...

Might help.

OP
ble81

ble81

I think that I may have forgotten one important thing.... I am still using Win '98
I think I saw somewhere that for having an XP chip you could get a FREE win XP OS.
Is there any thruth to this and if so ....Where???
Sorry about missing that detail

-Bri

Docta_Z

lol buying an amd XP processor doesn't get you a free windows xp cd...

I'd have like 10 copies of windows xp by now :)

It is something to look into though. Windows XP is a better platform imho.

OP
ble81

ble81

I understand that buying one doesn't merit an OS but I think that I did read somewhere that if you had an AMD XP you could get an upgrade to Windows XP
This is just something That I thought was interesting and I do not know how true it is but maybe we can search around for it.