• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Nvidia Turns Its Back on XFX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Fudzilla has confirmed that XFX will not have any Fermi cards at launch. The manufacturer is apparently being punished for their decision to start selling ATI based cards last year. From the article:
Nvidia refuses to see that this might be a bad thing for the whole company as XFX has a very loyal fan base who will probably start standing up for themselves when they realize they won't get a decent launch quantity of these cards.

In the meantime, XFX's...
Return to Article

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty messed up. I've been meaning to give XFX a try since I've heard good things about their support and warranty experience.

If I was XFX I would say good riddance, now eVGa can deal with the record amounts of rma's these cards will generate.

LOL EVGA will sell pig **** in a sheep's blanket. (they don't, they make fine products... just saying.. EVGA is nVidias Sapphire)

But they will guarantee it out the wazoo. Dunno where their money comes from it certainly aint selling nvidia products.
Or maybe it is?

Whatever. I believe the earlier reports that XFX would not support a double lifetime guarantee on a product hat was doomed to repeat the 7900 series.

Last edited:
Probably a smart move by XFX for now.

The OEMs selling Geforce Fermi's are going to be getting a lot of returns of cards overheating and melting me thinks. Summer + Fermi = Volcano :shock:

wow.

I've been an XFX brand loyalist since the TNT/2 days.

This really hurts, as I'm also an Nvidia loyalist as well. But, I'm not in the market for a new GPU so I"ll likely just be happy with being patient until i'm ready for a new card and see what XFX has from Nvidia at the time.

Hey I think it is bad news. I like XFX and their nVidia line I just need to wait for an efficent 4XX GPU for folding.

Since when does Fudzilla count as confirmation?
Last time i checked their believability index was on par with pre-fermi Semiaccurate.

Wow... to think of this. I remember my 1st video card was a XFX MX 4000, and that's a long way back. I don't think just because they decided to expand business with ATi nVidia would turn their back on them, there must be something else.

Nvidia is very fussy when dealing with partners. Remember the 8400M/8600M GT issue with the GPUs failing? Companies like Dell and Apple blamed Nvidia and Nvidia blamed them.

I think XFX will produce the cards, but not the reference design as we all know the cooling solution is crap. I am a loyal supported of XFX and im loyal to Nvidia, it hurts to see them push this to market without looking at the bigger picture. I'm hopeful to see a 2nd revision of the cards with some refined cooling solution and a possible decrease in power draw.

LOL EVGA will sell pig **** in a sheep's blanket. (they don't, they make fine products... just saying.. EVGA is nVidias Sapphire)

But they will guarantee it out the wazoo. Dunno where their money comes from it certainly aint selling nvidia products.
Or maybe it is?

Whatever. I believe the earlier reports that XFX would not support a double lifetime guarantee on a product hat was doomed to repeat the 7900 series.
My eVGA 7900GT says hello, I went through 4 of them before they finally upgraded me to a 8800GTS 320mb, 7900 cards were crap in reliability.:rain:

While I'll stand for XFX in terms of quality and reliability, I've been more for eVGA myself... I've always gotten great service and quality from them. BFG being another one. But since XFX outside of eVGA and BFG is one of the larger manufacturers.... How the hell did nVidia think this would be a good idea?!

Oh well, more business for eVGA.

So much doom and gloom here from XFX , not to worry were not nvidia engineers.

also it's not just evga selling them, also looks like they all have good warrantees, if you don't take off the heat sinks, except evga.

I had a superclocked 7900 just one RMA from day one, it's still running in my friends OEM PC no fans just PSU fan draw through.:)

LINK: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...48 106793413

EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1472-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Retail
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts Lifetime limited
Labor Lifetime limited

ASUS ENGTX480/2DI/1536MD5 GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Retail
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 3 years limited
Labor 3 years limited

ZOTAC ZT-40101-10P GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Retail
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts Lifetime limited
Labor Lifetime limited

GIGABYTE GV-N480D5-15I-B GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Retail
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 9 years limited
Labor 9 years limited

EVGA SuperClocked 015-P3-1482-AR GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Retail
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts Lifetime limited
Labor Lifetime limited

PNY XLR8 VCGGTX480XPB GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Retail
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts Lifetime limited
Labor Lifetime limited

Last edited:
Video card wars have persisted since, ugh since the first video card.
I used to be a big 3DFX guy myself.
And I've used several cards/chipsets from different companies.
Over time I've come to the conclusion that the company making the card is actually more
important than the company making the chipset/gpu.
That being understood there is only ONE card company that I stay with now.
eVGA has a loyal buyer with me and as long as they stay anywhere near as good as they
are now, they will have no trouble in keeping me. I've purchased at least 2 dozen video
cards from them. Had one RMA and one trade up. Service and support is the best in the
computer industry as far as I am concerned. NEVER a problem!
So at this stage in the game, if ati comes out with a gpu/chipset that is faster than nvidia's;
so what? I'll stay with eVGA and know I have some backup. And if nVidia comes out
with a faster gpu/chipset, well I know I got the fastest as well as getting it from the best
card company.
Even the post earlier showed for the record, eVGA does in fact have the best warranty,
bar none! I rest easy and satisfied......
A big reason I am here posting this is not because of the gpu/chipset wars, but in testifying
on behalf of a VERY good company. Something that is hard to find these days....

Mike360000

Last edited:
Back