• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/C'd Parhelia score

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MospeadasDark

Add 380MHz and I get 1000 more marks o_0

I'm watercooling my 1.2MP's and actually trying to see how far they go. I seem to have hit a limit of [email protected] It'll do [email protected]

My memory being PC2100 ECC on an already cruddy bandwidth(about PC1600 bandwidth when I'm at 150FSB) board really won't do aggressive settings. It's doing sumpthin like 6-3-3-2.5-3

Ambient is 16C(basement) full load temps are 27C. Watercooled setup is fully custom..and I'm actually waiting on a few waterblocks from a forum member before I o/c my Parhelia and to cool the NB.

Heavily memory bandwidth limited=\ From 1200->1350 alone I gained 700marks. That's 9X133->9X150FSB. Slowly inched all the way to [email protected], windows would go all wacky above that. Up the FSB, lower the multiplier and I seem to be at the best spot.

My bad. I could've sworn I posted a link. I blame it on my 13hr weekend schedule at work=\

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4933858

Card is at stock Retail clocks: 220/275. It could be 260mem actually but I'm going by takiwa's info..never did care about that.

@Chambers. fine mate. I actually left the forums for a bit because it was causing me unneeded stress. Along with my moving to my very own house(w00t!) and landing an awesome job=P All kinda took time away.

I like my Parhelia lots. Actually bought a 2nd one cuz the 1st one died from a bad watercooling project. The heatspreader over the core is really big(41cmX41cm) and my lil CPU block was too small. custom ordered it from a member here and he's making me a few.

During the time my P died I went back to my AIW Radeon 32MB and even a GF4 4600. Gotta admit, ATi's drivers have come a long way in speed since a year ago even with such an old card. They're ok, I guess. Driver quality and features still don't match Matrox's and to me that was more important(I'm the same guy that sold his P4 2.4 i850 chipset for dual 1.2MP's MPX chipset. Other things are more important than just gaming).

Broke down and got a new P=)

Last edited:
hey mospeadeas wassup...your score seems kinda low for that setup, mine in sig gets 8004....i thought the Parhelias were better than the 8500s?

Not in 3Dmark=\ I'm actually 500point higher than the average Parhelia at my speed with this weak chipset..which tells me a lot of people are benching with conflicts somewhere.

Matrox never optimised for 3DMark unlike other companies. I think the G400 scores about the same as a G200 which is a generation back and a lot slower than the G400 realisticly.

my 8500 will wrap your parhelia in a peice of paper and smoke it anyday...10k 3dmarks baby as a matter of fact 8500 in general can smoke them

1570MHz
Parhelia 128MB Retail - 1.02 drivers

UTDemo benches:

Flyby: 108.62
Botmatch: 45

Res: 1024X768
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flyby: 78.65
Botmatch: 41.93

Resolution 1280x960
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flyby: 70
Botmatch: 41.84

Resolution 1024X768 16XFAA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flyby: 50.38
Botmatch: 33.41

Resolution 1280x960 16XFAA

edit: heh, forgot I was overclocked. Looked all the same runnin' the demo to me.

Last edited:
dxiw said:
my 8500 will wrap your parhelia in a peice of paper and smoke it anyday...10k 3dmarks baby as a matter of fact 8500 in general can smoke them

When you start playing real games instead of a demo, come back and talk to me.

dxiw said:

i know for a fact that mospeadas does little extreme gaming... so he doesnt need to have a smokin fast card for games.. believe it or not, there are other things that people look for in a card besides high 3dmark scores, shocking, i know.

maxtox has long been the king in terms of signal quality, and i think it would be just plain sweet to have a game span across 3 monitors :D

@mospeadas, yeah i noticed that you took off for awhile, welcome back, hope your move went well!

even my cheapy $80 gf4mx440 put a whooping on it.BUT
id trade with ya in a heart beat. fps dont mean crap to me.
quality does tho.and the usability of it.

its a great card id have to say, but even with that score it wont have no probs playing any high quality/fps game.i do 100 points higher and mine handles games as well as my old gf3ti500 i had.

umm dudes you dont have to get so offended lol

THe 8500 has faster fps in all REAL games as you put it. YEs i play ut2003, ut (old), quake 3, gta3, serious sam 2, need for speed hot pursuit 2, star wars jedi knight 2, the sims, no one lives for ever ... just to mention a few so....

Anyways, matrox is know for other things than speed, it ahs nice picture quality triple monitor support as well as other things. Every card has its own advantages no need to argue like 5yr olds ovber it...jus saying that the 8500 is faster which it is..but lacks in other things too so...there all equal in the end

dxiw said:

THe 8500 has faster fps in all REAL games as you put it. YEs i play ut2003, ut (old), quake 3, gta3, serious sam 2, need for speed hot pursuit 2, star wars jedi knight 2, the sims, no one lives for ever ... just to mention a few so....

Anyways, matrox is know for other things than speed, it ahs nice picture quality triple monitor support as well as other things. Every card has its own advantages no need to argue like 5yr olds ovber it...jus saying that the 8500 is faster which it is..but lacks in other things too so...there all equal in the end

i dont think any of us got defensive, or argued like 5yr olds. was simply making others aware that not everyone looks for the fastest FPS in games or demo's out there...

however, remarks like "my 8500 will wrap your parhelia in a peice of paper and smoke it anyday... [snip]" those kinds of remarks sound a bit childish dont you think? like boys in a locker room arguing over who has the bigger penis. pointless IMO.

dxiw said:

Other than old games that cards get well over 100FPS anyways..your 8500 doesn't beat the P in anything other than 3DMark.

Mr. Chambers said:

i dont think any of us got defensive, or argued like 5yr olds. was simply making others aware that not everyone looks for the fastest FPS in games or demo's out there...

you are correct..... the parhelia is a very nice card...don't get me wrong here....but don't go around saying it has the highest fps....it ahs better image quality and lots of other stuff. I'm not trying to insult anyone or argue, but rather simply clarify people's statements so that people can learn whats true and correct. The parhelia is a very nice card, and it is better than raeon 8500 in several aspects just as the radeon 8500 is better in other.

dxiw said:

you are correct..... the parhelia is a very nice card...don't get me wrong here....but don't go around saying it has the highest fps....it ahs better image quality and lots of other stuff. I'm not trying to insult anyone or argue, but rather simply clarify people's statements so that people can learn whats true and correct. The parhelia is a very nice card, and it is better than raeon 8500 in several aspects just as the radeon 8500 is better in other.

i too was just trying to clarify my friend, if i insulted you i apologize those were not my intentions good sir. i'm definatly not bashing, the 8500's, if you take a look at my main rig, you'll see that i've got one :) but i'd trade it in a second for a matrox P, you wouldnt see that big of drop in speed, but man you havent SEEN the quality of the matrox... or the triple monitor!! now if it just wasnt like 300 bucks... :)

oh yea man I know what your talking about, I saw a friends parhelia on 3 monitors and I was like holy ****

Back