• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o/c'in gf2 mx400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmdPopper

Registered
ummm im sorry im a newbie to all this my best o/c'in ive done was to my amd 1333 chip ive had it a 1410 -_- yeah im pretty good huh? well id like to know where i can get started on overclocking my gf2 mx400 card or even if i can any information would be great

Cerial_Killer

Registered
I am almost 100% sure you can O/C it. I have a Gf2 MX first Generation. That i was able to overclock. http://www.entechtaiwan.com/ps.htm Here is a link for PowerStrip if its overclockable this program should be able to do it for you. What i usally do and lots of others is just step the memory or the core or even both up a little at a time. Then run a program called Artifact Tester. You can prolly search for it in google and find it. If you get 0 Artifacts keep moving up until you do or until you feel safe. Then back down a touch so that you dont get any Artifacts again. Dont wait till you smell smoke to stop. :D

Good Luck

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
OCing cards

Memory speed is where its at. Turn that up 5Mhz at a time. Test with 3dmark2k1 to make sure it runs fine with no anomolies or artifacts. Then keep going until you get artifacts.... back it down a notch or two from there until there are no anomolies. Then see about turning up the gpu core speed a bit. Also disable V-sync. Improved cooling- better gpu hsf and ramsinks will also help you OC it a little higher. Watch your 3dmark score.... label your benchmarks with the settings you used so you can have them for reference. Try to break 3500. Also nvidia detonator drivers will give better performance than the drivers that come with the card. Go to www.guru3d.com and get some new detonators to test out. 23.11 is a good one 27.50 is also pretty good... it really depends on your card and system though, so test a few out and see if they boost your 3dmark score.