• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/Cing a GeForce 2 MX 400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeus_17

Registered
can i overclock my PNY GeForce 2 MX 400? then, if i can how would i go about doing it? what software would i need? what about settings on the card?
any help is appreciated

yes you can. Go to www.guru3d.com and download RivaTuner. You might want to loss the stock cooling and put some sinks on the ram. Remember to bump it up a little at a time then test it. Nice to see another member from Wisconsin.:D

I've used RivaTuner on my MX400, and it didn't keep one of the timings (can't recall if it was memory or clock timings), but it would keep setting it back to default.

Zeus_17,

I hate to say it, but it looks like you need to do some more homework before asking all these questions.

You need to go to some sites that are dealing with these issues and start doing some searches and reading articles on how to do some of these questions your asking.

Some good sites to get you started are here

www.overclockers.com
www.tomshardware.com
www.anandtech.com

there are many others but these are as good as place as any to start doing your reseach.

After you get a hold of the basics (for example, what a heat sink is) and start implementing some of these things, you will then, most likely, run in to some real questions that some of us may be able to help you with.

Until then, yeah we all want the quick and easy way, but sometimes you need to do a little research. You will find it gets you a lot farther then begging for some one to take you through it step by step. You also learn a lot more that way too!

Good luck in your overclocking endevers, and let us know if there is some things that you run into that you need some clearification or suggestions on.

i got a geforces 2 mx
it was @
175 mhz core
183 memory

now its
220 mhz core
215 mhz memory

:D

i have a and older gforce 2 mx400 (when i say old i mean the one with the big heat sink on it should i bolt on a little 60mm fan before ocing it or put a syatem blower card underneth it

i have NVmax4 software to oc it

by "sinks" he means heat-sinks. When you over-clock, your card will heat up, and heat is bad. He will damage your card, cause errors, and all sorts of nasty stuff.

-Dan

I agree do some reading up at Toms then what we respond with here will make more sense to you. I had a GF2 mx400 and to tell you the truth they do not OC that much I gave up and got a new card. (mine was not too stable either)

btw: Welcome to the Forums :p

I think that my CPU and the crapy MB is the main source of the bottleneck. Heck, I only get about 500 on 3dmark. :( Sad huh? *Begins to cry*

awwwwww :( poor man. still, a 560MHz k6-2 should be as fast as a 400MHz p2 and therefore give about 65fps with a geforce or 45 with a tnt in 640x480

lol I remember my first system i got at age 11 a Pentium 90! was top of the line waaaay back then. hehe Just save some money and upgrade you can OC only so much.

Back