• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Clan (UT)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadow ÒÓ

Mod in Hiding
alright.......time to get things started. Jason has both, had computer problems, and this was a holliday weekend, so he's not been available.

In order to start building the site, we need a few things. He wan'ts any pics that would look good for the site. Anyone has something that would look sharp on the OC Clan site, upload them to my ftp. You'll see a section for "incomming" and inside that you'll see "UT Pics".

He's also looking for anyone willing to help build the site. As well as suggestions as to where to put a site. If no other suggestion come, Tripod or Homestead will probably host the site. Anyone good with HTML or Flash is welcome to help design or build the site, and if you wish to contact Jason (Shaggy as he's known here) you can ICQ him at 28501976 (DVDelivery) or email him at [email protected] .

by the end of weekend, we should have a place to call home. =)

of course you all know how to contact me........just post here! =)

also.......would you guys like me to run a permanent server? Either CTF or DM. I could throw a few bots in and change it from CTF to DM as often as you email me and ask.

I have the resources to keep a game of 10 or so going all the time, so gimme some input.

well i have the computer with the sig below and am willing to run the server 24/7 once i get my MC462 with a Sunon High Output fan Which is queit
because i can sleep with a delta at my door screaming

just read what you left me Shadow,,, I totaly agree, i was just saying that i was willing to host and/or put a temp server up if anyone wanted... but thats not the biggest worry right now...along with the site, we need exposure, since as you said this section isnt really hit that much.....maybe a thread in the general section should be requested, at a later point ....id just use tripod or homestead just for the fact that they are there and its one less thing to worry about..i dont know much about building sites so there isnt much i can offer here, but i do have alot of resources at my disposal....so if there is anything that is needed let me know......ill see what i can dig up for pic's...is there any one look that anyone wants for the site?

Shadow ÒÓ (May 29, 2001 05:27 p.m.):
umm........there is no sig.

sorry
but in detail this is what i have
1.2 athlon
20 GB hard drive will upgrade to a 40gb 7200
256 MB can gt it to 512 mb if needed
a cable connection
what else??

seems like you're system may be a little too slow for a server. If you had an intel you would have no problem. =)

actually that sounds fine as long as you don't reboot often or lose connection often. The server actually takes up very little space and very little bandwidth, but needs to be steady. I'm going to see what I can do about eventually getting some friends who work on commercial servers to maybe run a UT server for me. For now tho, it's a great place to drop in and get some practice........maybe catch a fellow OC'er on line.....or call some friends up to meet there. Doesn't matter who runs it, just that there's one running. If you wanna host it, great!

tell me some times to host and i will try to host it
by the way my IP sometimes changes but never has my connection gone down or even slowed down ...yet (goes to door and knocks on the wood)

if you can't run a server 24/7 and your IP changes, it would make it very difficult for you to host. It'd really be better if you could leave your machine on.........times would be a real pain.

ya
i said once i get rid of my delta then i cna leave it online 24/7 and then my IP would stay the same
i think RoadRunner changes Ip's everymonth or something so i could leave it on making impossible for them to change it

I will go into 3D studio, photoshop and maybe illustrator to **** around and try to come up with something cool for the website, i will also try hosting a UT server, never done it but it doesn't hurt to try. I've got a DSL connection.

phiber optik (May 29, 2001 08:20 p.m.):
ya

i think RoadRunner changes Ip's everymonth or something so i could leave it on making impossible for them to change it

ive had roadrunner for almost 2 years and the only time my ip has changed whas when i moved,, roadrunner leases there ip's as long as your in good standing you keep the ip you got,,,,, kinda nice

acaridans (May 29, 2001 08:34 p.m.):
ya

ive had roadrunner for almost 2 years and the only time my ip has changed whas when i moved,, roadrunner leases there ip's as long as your in good standing you keep the ip you got,,,,, kinda nice

is your setting to receive Ip address auto matically or u put DNS and stuff

I'm pretty good at making web pages, been making pages/graphics fer about 3 years now. ;D I could help with that part.

I dont have the full version of UT yet, or a computer that can play it well, but I HAVE played it a lot...

Anyways, if u guys wanna see an example of what I can do, I have uploaded my latest design, it's at http://aurora115.netfirms.com/home.html

ignore the banner at the top, the host puts it there.

So can I help? :cool:

Maybe we shouldn't stick just to the DM or CTF. There's plenty of good total conversions out there. StrikeForce, Unreal Fortress, Infiltration...

BTW, I have 10megs of free space on my ISPs server for homepage. That address wouldn't change as long as I've this ADSL connection leased. Dunno then if that would be enough for a site... There isn't support for FrontPage extensions, which IMHO is good, so that linuxers can surf too.
I just read their instructions, generally. Seems like it's easy.
I'll whip up a really simple homepage, when I get home.

phiber optik (May 29, 2001 08:41 p.m.):
ya

i set all mine to automatic, no DNS entrys at all...

acaridans (May 30, 2001 12:18 p.m.):
phiber optik (May 29, 2001 08:41 p.m.):
ya

i set all mine to automatic, no DNS entrys at all...
mine just changed about 5 days ago hope it says the same now

Can't post what I thought about posting... Something I said earlier I'd do is done now.
<- There's a new icon.

Daniel~, if you read this, don't get mad...

Back