• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC FSB, should I change voltages, HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h0mersimps0n

OK, I have a MSI KT3 ULTRA ARU with a 2000+. Currently I run crazy stable at 140FSB but want to try to get to 150 (because I feel its immoral to pay what I did for my pc 2700 ram and not have it run as close to 333MHz as possible, those lying *******s). I'm very unstable at 144.

At around 145 BIOS posts, loads, but windows blue screens during loading of the OS (if that means anything).

My BIOS only allows for core voltage mod from 1.75 to 1.775 Is that too big of a jump? Aside from heat are there any other dangers to increasing voltage?

If you ask about cooling I am using a Volcanto 6cu+ which keeps be below 40C under full load (seti) at 142FSB.

How much damage is this FSB increase doing to my pci/agp cards?

Anyone OC'd like this before? Suggestions welcome, thanks guys!

-HJSimpson

MSI KT3 ULTRA ARU
ATHLON XP 2000+ (OC'd 2200+)
CORSAIR 2700 256MB Cas2
dual maxtor 60gig ata133 on RAID 0
ELSA GF2 ULTRA 64MB
PCDVD + CDRW
WINTV
...yada yada

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member
1.75 to 1.775 isnt much of a jump voltage wise. IMO
unless you running a junk HS you should be safe up to 1.85v

I have run my FSB regularly over 160MHz and never had a card break on me. This is on a MB taht has only a 1/4 max multiplier.

Evebn though i have given you advice YOU are responsible for all your stuff. Keep an eye on ur temps. GoodLuck.

Check out my sig for links on how to unlock your XP. So taht way if you dont hit 150fsb you can lower the multipier and hit higher fsb speeds ;)

OP
H

h0mersimps0n

Thanks, I understand this is of my own discretion. The bios allows me to kick it up to 1.85 so maybe I'll try that later down the road after the thoroghbreds get released ;-) nothing like a reason to upgrade...

thanks again

OP
H

h0mersimps0n

ok, up at running at a never before 145 fsb, I know for some of you this is no great feat however I had to crank my voltage up to 1.8...

How much more should I go? I'm still running at 40C!!!

thanks!

The Coolest

I say that the 1.85Vcore is no biggie :p
Running 40C u have 10C headroom b4 u have to start to worry about temps. Upto 50C is ok, under 50C is prefered.