• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC i5 3570K with Asus P8Z77-V LX2 - Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theisko

Hello

So i've tried to follow the guide to OC my CPU to 4.5GHz (the sticky one called "Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz"). I know that all CPUs are not the same, but I need voltage alot higher than the guide propose so I thought I would try to get your view on things. After manually trying to find a stable voltage for 4.5GHZ i ended up trying the offset mode. That put me at around 1.550V. :-/

Now in the guide it tells me to try run stresstests, but i've not had it stable enough to do so yet. From what I can see the temperatures are all fin and none of which is anything near critically high.

I've taken both screenshots of my PC setup and the setup in BIOS, which you can find in the bottom of this thread.

My PC setup:
-Cooling is a Corsair H60.
-CPU: i5 3570K
-MB: Asus P8Z77-V LX2
-RAM: 1x8GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600 CL10
-GFX: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5
-HDD: 2xSamsung SSD Evo - 120GB

And I use windows 7. All drivers are updated.

I really hope some OC guru can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Theis

ai tweaker 1.JPG ai tweaker 2.JPG cpu configuation.JPG Digi vrm.JPG dram.JPG cpu power management.JPG 8ed4631e-57ec-4b27-b380-fa31cddb668a.jpg e232d8ca-085f-4a38-ad7c-79a478899c3b.jpg

Last edited:
1.55V will quickly kill that chip... also, you don't have the cooling to keep that thing under its max temps at that voltage so something isn't right if temps are in order at 1.55V... that or you are going off idle temperatures (irrelevant)?

First thing I notice, but not sure if its part of the issue, is your BIOS is outdated. I would reset to defaults, then update your BIOS to the latest version (2501): https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/P8Z77V_LX2/HelpDesk_Download/

That said, I see your memory is manually entered, and entered incorrectly at that. YOu state the memory is CL10, but you have 9-9-9-24. I would use the XMP profile and leave it alone.

So....

1. Set BIOS to defaults and flash to the latest one.
2. Follow that guide again setting only the core multiplier and voltage to 1.35V and see if it works. Leave the memory at whatever it defaults to for now.

If you really need 1.55V to be remotely stable at 4.5GHz you have the absolute worst 3570K I have seen BY FAR.... I don't think that is the case.

Back