• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC i7-4790k | Sabertooth z97 Mark 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J0ker

Registered
Finally got around to starting my overclocking journey on this computer :p

So far the only things I've touched was the cpu voltage and multiplier, after I find a good stable point with those, what else can I start tweaking for performance gains?

http://i.imgur.com/tLlp0ji.jpg

Last edited:

[email protected]

Your OC is good, I suggest you to stresstest your CPU for a few hours with Prime95, (Small FTT's and Blend modes, Small FTT for max temperatures and blend for ram and cpu testing).
If your OC stable and you've tested it for about 6 hours (Both modes for 6 hours) then everything is probably alright, watch your temps, Dont go higher than 90c degrees (i would not go past 80 if i overclock my CPU) and 1.45Volt on the CPU.

Oh and Check every hour or so if your CPU is not overheating.

If you fail the stresstest or your temperatures are higher than 90c degrees then lower your OC lets say to 4.6

Last edited:

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Yup!! ^^

Please host pictures here at the site, not externally. Even when I blow up the picture, I can't read a thing on it... and 3rd party links will be invalid when not clicked on for a while, ruining the information you want to present with it.

[email protected]

Yup!! ^^

Please host pictures here at the site, not externally. Even when I blow up the picture, I can't read a thing on it... and 3rd party links will be invalid when not clicked on for a while, ruining the information you want to present with it.

I had to zoom in the page about 300% xD.