• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oc-ing P4P800Deluxe problems : help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lapino

I'm having a LOT of problems overclocking my P4P800 deluxe mainboard. Strange thing is, when I use the AI overclock functionality and put it at 20%, my system is ROCK stable! But then I put overclocking information manually into the bios, I get a black screen at post...even when using WAY lower settings than with the AI 20% overclock

Rig :
P4P800 Deluxe
PIV 2.8c Prescott (Maze4 watercooled, both cpu+chipset)
2x256mb TwinMos PC3200 CL2.5 + 2x512mb TwinMos PC3500 CL2

Heat is DEFINITELY not the reason for this problem. Could be that my memory is a limiting factor (especially since using a mix of PC3200 + PC3500); but still, why can't I put oc-ing settings in manually?

Every word of advice appreciated!!
(btw, latest bios on mobo too)

meionm

if you get black sreen durning post either is vcore or memory AI it ajusted memory ratio and speeds, my guess is that AI overclocks with either 3:2 or 5:4 ratio and you are try to do 1:1, also set the performance mode to standard

OP
L

lapino

been testing a little more today. when oc-ing with the ram set to 1:1, I can boot pretty stable at FSB 225 (PIV 2.8 prescott). but whenever I change the ram to 5:4 or 3:2 with the same FSB, I can't get past the POST screen

any idea how to solve this? or does my TwinMos ram simply doesn't like dividers?

OP
L

lapino

do you think my PIV 3.0ghz Nortwood would be a better oc-er than the current PIV 2.8c prescott I'm using? I ask because its not that easy to swap them (the 3gig is now in a barebone and got not much paste left to switch them + I need to install the cpu in a watercooled rig which takes quite some time)

If some1 can confirm that the nortwood will definitely oc better, let me know pls!

ciku

raise ur vcore to 1.6 and ur vdimm to 2.85 :)

edit: btw, what timings are u using? :)