• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC not showing up in CPU-Z or HWI (only turbo boost freq)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wakawaka1

Thanks for this amazing community :)

I can't get a static 4.5Ghz on a 3770K. This is what's happening: HGYjil8.png

They only show base clock. I disabled all C states, power saving is off and speed step is off. I tried with turbo boost on and off without success.

The only way that it goes above 4.2Ghz is when using turbo boost and speed step. I can't get to make it static.

OC:
  • 45x100 manual multiplier on each core
  • Turbo boost: off
  • 1.30v fixed
  • LLC: Level 3
  • All power options are disabled including speedstep
  • PLL: Auto
  • RAM: Everything as stated by the manufacturer (1866mhz 1.5v 9-10-9-27)
  • Spread spectrum: disabled

Specs:
  • CPU: I7 3770K
  • MB: Asrock Extreme6 Z77
  • RAM: Corsair vengeance 1866mhz 1.5v 9-10-9-27

Any ideas guys? Thanks!

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

EDIT: The image was taken when CPU was under stress test.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I updated BIOS

I disabled PLL and set voltage to offset +0.055.

Turbo boost and speedstep are ON for now. Still looking for a solution to static OC.

set performance mode in power plan in Windows and it will keep CPU clock at max turbo all the time

set performance mode in power plan in Windows and it will keep CPU clock at max turbo all the time

Yep, it's already 100% everywhere but it's still on base clock. I'm using speedstep and turbo boost for now to make it go 100% under load.

What version of CPUz software are you using? It looks old considering it can't even read voltage or other things... Why core parking app?

What does Core temp say speed is? HWmonitor?

Please host the images here at the site so we do not have to click away. ALso, those images will go away after they are not clicked on for a while which would botk the thread. ;)

That first image, is that CPUz??????????? looks like something different.

The second image... waht is "IT"? I know what the core unparking app is, but it really has nothing to do with what is going on here or what we want to see.

Let's start over. Go DL and install the latest version of CPUz. Try a different application like HWMonitor and see what it is reporting.

Back