• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC of the 2,4C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
If enough of them OC that well it will be the next "hall of fame" chip. I should have a 3.0C on Monday - hope it does as well if not better.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
i'm still waiting for the mass production/availablitiy for the 2.4C & 2.6C to fill up all those empty space my sold crunchers left.....

but it's a really good treat to have some taste of the cooler temp in the room tho!! :D

Greg M

It's funny that the 'C' variant is becoming so popular. It was a special order desktop chip to be used as in laptops in the larger desktop replacement laptops. They use less voltage and produce less heat than their standard P4 brethren.

jdmcnudgent

my week 10 2.4c does 290fsb on default voltage. unfortunately, i now have a week 9, as it was ACCUIRED by bignuttz, to be running at 300fsb with 1.6 volts, with a deal, i once again couldnt refuse. he has not updated siggy yet, as he got his RAPTORS today, and ran outta time to install before work. but im sure he will be on it when he gets home this evening.

looks like the week 10's are better than the week 9's:D

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
jdmcnudgent said:
my week 10 2.4c does 290fsb on default voltage. unfortunately, i now have a week 9, as it was ACCUIRED by bignuttz, to be running at 300fsb with 1.6 volts, with a deal, i once again couldnt refuse. he has not updated siggy yet, as he got his RAPTORS today, and ran outta time to install before work. but im sure he will be on it when he gets home this evening.

looks like the week 10's are better than the week 9's:D
just received my 2.4C today, L310. too bad i'll be busy at work the whole weekend.....it's hard to wait till early next week to play with the new toy like that.......and my TwinMOS PC3700 will be here on Tue. too. stay tune....;)

Sir Ulli

yes it is true, the new P4 with an FSB of 800 have HT,
a Member from the Planet have an P4 2.4 oc at 3.0 and this Results

CPU 0= 3:00:40
CPU 1= 2:57:13

with the Seti Bench WU, that means in three Hours 2 WUs.:eek:

regards
Sir Ulli

TC

Senior Seti Addict
I've slowly gotten my 3.0C up to 3.6 with HT enabled. I switched from air to an exos unit. It's turning out 2 units about every 2 hrs 40 minutes.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
just did a quick snap-in a IC7 & 2.4C with the parts from my old cruncher (Voodoo2k, PC2700, etc.) it's up at 3.3Ghz right now on air, but that PC2700 won't go any higher than 183MHz, but at this speed, it still turns out a WU every 2:56..... still waiting for the new memory to be arrive......

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
TC said:
It's confusing to me too since my retail box 3.0 reads "3.0C GHz"

well at least I don't have to be confused cause i got a 2.4b:D
but i only can get an extera 300mhz outta it:(

just dropping in to say hi