• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC on 1700 B DUT3C JIUHB 0311XPMW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Togger

Registered
Hi, im just new here and have questions about oc.
As i heard that the 1700+ JIUHB is very good for oc, so i bought one.
But now i see that most has DLT3C 0310.
Is the DUT3C 0311XPMW able to be overclocked so high too???
Its the only reason i got the 1700+.

Help please

Cheesy Peas

well if the rest of your system is up to it, ie nforce2 chipset, good cooling, then you might hit 2.1/2 ghz with your chip.
The ones to get now are the DLT3C's, they can hit 2.4/5 with a good setup and cooling.

Whats the rest of your rig consist of?

OP
T

Togger

Registered
MB is little bit older Shuttle AK32 with Via266
Also older SDRAM.
I would be glad if the cpu runs with 2 ghz.
Cooling should be fine (air)

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
The jiuhb dut3c's can actually do quite well. Since you have such a late week, I'd expect about 2.2-2.3 on high end air. It would take a higher vcore than with the dlt3c's, but can still do quite well.

Cheesy Peas

you could get a 2ghx clock but you will need to do some bridge cutting/joining as you cant get a 166 clock on your board.
you might be able to get 145*14 with a little modifying of the bridges for a clock of 2040. I think its the fifth bridge on the L3s that needs to be changed.

OP
T

Togger

Registered
u have any idee where i can get more info about that ?
dont want destroy it :)

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
This page may help you. Try to get the highest multiplier possible, as your board can't take high fsb's at all, but your processor can take high clock speeds.