• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Problem!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

Ok i have a locked Athlon 3000+ barton on an abit nf7-s with 512mb ddr400 ram and i tried moving the multiplier and itll stay where i put it, but at the very top in the bios itll stay 10.5 so its locked right?

anyways ive been uping the fsb by 5's and so far i got to 215 (stock is 200) so its 215x10.5

whenever i try to get to 220 i go and run prime 95 and it says some hardware failure, consult stress.txt. SO i upped the vcore from 1.65 to 1.7 and it didnt change. I checked mobo monitor and it said 1.65, so i up the vcore to 1.75 and now it says 1.7 anyways

i tried prime again and it still didnt work whats wrong? DO i need to up the ram voltage or up the vcore more? what?

Jiggahurtz

Disabled
You probably need to loosen your ram timings, and up your rams voltage.

BTW stick this in the AMD section next time.

OP
Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon

k ill post in the amd section next time

how do i loosen ram timings? How high do i up the ram voltage?

o and it worked at 220 for a bit then i tried again and it got the error

Jiggahurtz

Disabled
Ummm it should be in there somewhere in your bios. Best be taking this to the amd section because I have Zero experience with your board. My Msi has the ram timings right next to my fsb controls to make it easy. It should be pretty easy to find. If you want a good point of ultra loose timings to use for your ram to see whether or not its your ram holding you back use 3-4-4-8 as your ram timings. You can also use a divider on your ram to get more fsb but trust me it hurts your rams performance on an amd platform. Its better to use 1-1 fsb ram ratio and a lil looser timings.

Also my I run my ram at 2.7v but you can run yours as high as 2.8. Your munchkin will probably like the extra volts.

OP
Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon

lol its MUSHKIN haha munchkin

k ill post this topic on the amd boards