• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC3d powering up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WU

It was great while it lasted, and with the Dutchies weakened, OC3d will hold her own. When you do your switching, let me know what, if anything, you decide to leave with us.

PS. Going to the Linux Users Group meeting on Thursday? I'll be there. I think I might be able to recruit a couple of them on the sly... :)

yeah, will keep you updated.

I will be there, you can make anouncement real early like at 7pm since everybody is waiting at that time.

I'm able to configure wine in one of the linux box. For gromac cores the time per WU is exactly the same with and without wine. But for tinker core the time on wine is much shorter. Looks like when stanford compile the linux core they did not optimize it as good as the window core.

Congrats team OC3d. We made it by the last update and 200 points adhead the Dutchies. Hence I'm switching all back to my name for now, got to keep cmquisition in check ;). Think you all can hold the dutchies for now.

Last edited:
i'll be joining OC3d as soon as the contest is over :)

390ish points in 4 months. not spectacular, but every little bit helps :D

thank you for your kind heart Maxla. The more the merrier. Let's fold to the top 10 of the world.

Top 10, that sounds good with me but #1 is the ultimate goal. Oh wait a cure is the ultimate goal :D Now to catch up to that silly University.... Hmm

gtsimmo, you are right ;) but I take one step at a time. Have you notice we are number one world wide producer for today? Looks like the Alabama university is having some problem.

Gratz guys,

Due to circomstances production had to drop on our side. I hope to get back at you in november

CoolLion

Fold

Bobby_Mac: done

Guys, looks like I can add a P3 @ 1200 and an XP @ 1788, both part-time. Will be trying anyway...
Got the Tbird 1200 back online after weeks of being down. Running @ 1248.

We need all we can muster. We're only getting somewhere around 930/week.

The end of the contest sure will help. Since the contests are not production-based, I think next time all of OC3d's members should be entered automatically. That way we don't have to switch around and fold for ourselves, hurting our ranking. All anyone has to do is look at OC3d's stats to know that we all contribute more than 5 points/week each for Team 32 on average, more like 10 times that... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I added a 600 mhz Pent 3 lap top, part time. Cant garrentee how many hours per day it'll see but it's something.

XP1800 1.75 ghz
Duron 1.2 ghz
Pent 3 500
Pent 3 600

Re: Fold

Arkaine23 said:
Bobby_Mac: done

Guys, looks like I can add a P3 @ 1200 and an XP @ 1788, both part-time. Will be trying anyway...

We need all we can muster. We're only getting somewhere around 930/week. The end of the contest sure will help.
once the contest is over i suspect you will see a huge increase in oc3d power.

New WU

PAla7-2 for 10 points. Gromacs.

This thing is so monstrously good!!! It folds faster than a PTrp Cage, and is worth a lot more too!

Make the switch to Gromacs on your XP's, Tbirds, Duron (Morgans), P4's, and P3's NOW!!! We can really up production by several fold (hehe) with these babies. On a Tbird @ 1200, folding ony these would give about 140 points in a week... compared to like 50 or so on either gromacs or tinker with any other WU's!!!
That's triple production!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAla7-2 is by far the BEST protein stats-wise yet!!!

Last edited:
news

I just got a sys admin job! But I'm not really qualified :( so its more like an internship. What this means as far as my status with OC3d goes is that, for the next three months I'm going to be shoving knowledge of networking, linux/unix, perl script and probably a thousand other topics directly into my brain via cat 5 cables, every waking minute (and I'll look into subliminal while-you-sleep serial port training solutions too!). I have to meet certain training goals if I want to keep this job and advance to a more full-time position. I expect to become a scarce visitor of the forums for awhile and move over to more linux-oriented forums.

Of course I'll still fold and try to keep the OC3d thread up to date. I mean, my sanity would take a dive if I had to quit folding with you guys. I've got the parts of a site for our beloved OC3d and was thinking about asking takiwa if there's room to host it along with OC3dmark. But I've just been getting so much busier these days.... If anyone wants the files for the site, just ask.

Sweet job arkaine! hopefully i will be able to land full time soo, i am waiting on my second level cisco first though, J and I are gonna be doing all that stuff at the same time!

WE completely understand about work though, it can be very time consuming! we appreciate all you do for the forums, the folding team and OC3d, keep it up!

Look forward to hearing from you!

FOLD ON
NAS

new rig

Add a Duron @ 1296.

Got a few more coming soon too:

an XP agoia 9 week 24
an XP agoia y week 12

will lose a Celeron 600
might lose a P3 500 too

Nice going Arkaine, your really adding those rigs. Shoot I cant even begin to keep track of how many rigs you got folding for OC3d.

My rigs

Yeah, even I have trouble keeping track of them. So I keep my farm listed in the first post and just edit in updates and color code rigs that are down in red.

4 are mine
2 are at a friend's
2 are at my old roommates' place
1 is my dad's
1 is at a friend's
4 are at a high school that's 45 minutes drive away

=14

Expansion plans:

Build new XP 1600+ (OC'd) personal rig
Build new XP 1600+ (OC'd) friend's rig
Change Tbird 1110 for XP 1600+ (OC'd) personal rig
Change Duron 1015 for Tbird 1110 friend's rig

Sell P3 500 (rig) Anyone on OC3d interested in an HP?
Sell Duron 1015 chip only, 900 Mhz Spitfire core

Last edited:
Back