• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC3d powering up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OC3d

OC3d is the username that more than a dozen of the OC3dmark Team's members fold under. We don't have individual stats, but work as a subteam of Team 32. In this way, we compete with other subteams or folders who administrate large networks. OC3d is currently ranked #22 in the world on Stanford's list. We have been enjoying a rivalry with Team 64's subteam The-Raging_Dutchmen, and we are currently in lead. OC3d has existed just under 6 months and has folded more than 10,000 WU's, earning more than 25,000 points! We got started because a few members of the OC3dmark team folded, and we wanted to recruit those who didn't already fold, at a time when Team 32 was about to lose 3rd place to Team 64. It bridged the Folding and video/sound forums, garnering interest in both Team OC3dmark and in Team 32.

Additions

A big welocme aboard goes out to our newest 3dmarking member, Maxvla!!

I've had a busy day!!!
Overhauled an HP P3 500... Going to test fire a celeron 400 in its motherboard and see if I can use the P3 for a dual box.
Added an XP @ 1775... will be OC'ing more when good ram comes.
Had trouble with a Tbird 1200. Reinstalled Linux client.
Will try to add a dual P3 500 soon.
About to recruit another XP, think its a stock 1800+.
Building another XP box as soon as the parts come.

Last edited:
OC3d takes on the world!

We're jumping between 22 and 23 with each update. Seems Whirlpool has it in mind to pass us...

Well guys, the contest is over, Maxvla has joined up, and I've been adding a rig here and there. Let's push as hard as we can! If you're having a box go a bit fubar, get it fixed! Try the gromacs command flags on your XP's, Tbirds, P3's, and P4's- even though there are no gromacs WU's just yet. And above all, if you have rigs that you don't check on very often, make it a point to check them and see that they're still going! We need to streamline this 100+ Ghz folding juggernaut and show the world that OC3d can't be stopped!

On the horizon: Another XP rig coming up from me next week, and I'm upgrading a Tbird to an XP the week after that. That'll make it 4 XP's from me full-time and 1 part-timer.

Last edited:
Yeah for now it's looks like we're about #23 in daily production so it looks like we'll be seating still for alittle while. Well looks like it's up to you to get those several dozen XPs at your new work ;) Good Luck.

Folding fiends

Great job everyone!! Keep the cpu's coming!

I added a Tbird 1400 yesterday, my node at work.

I think I'll be able to add our first non-mainstream cpu's- 10 Sun Sparc's- in a few weeks... making a gento install on the sun's isn't a high priority at work just yet. I think they're all 450's.

Building my 3rd box. Its going to be all Linux, but I'll fold in wine. Right now I just have a crappy OC'ing 1000 Mhz Tbird for it, but my next 1600+ from newegg is on the way. Should get my little celeron laptop back in a few days too. And I think I can add some more Mhz on the XP box I built for a friend... been hesitating b/c of temps, but it turns out the 8k3ae reads the internal diode not the socket sensor, so I'll pump it up to 1.9v and see if it can break the 1800 Mhz barrier. Oh yeah, and my volt mod kit is here, so I might be able to squeeze my main box up above 1800 also. :D

WTG guys:D

I've got a little update too. My folding rigs are as follow:

PT rigs:
XP@2246MHz
XP@1600MHz
XP@1533MHz
XP@1466MHz
DURON @1000MHz

FT rigs:
XP@1826MHz
DURON@800MHz
ALTHON@700MHz

11171MHz all together:beer:

Top 20 here we come!!

Great kato!! You have been updated.

It won't be long before we pass Dok. And we're out-pacing Whirlpool in daily production so maybe we can slide past him too. Two places would put us in 20th worldwide!! The question is: how long can we hold it against the storm of 1000+/week folders on the rise beneath us? And can we ascend a few more places before they start catching up to us?

Fold on, gentlemen, with each and every CPU. NaSsoccer and I have some additions but they may take a month or three to implement. I expect to double or triple OC3d's production sometime in February.

Cullam3n: I'll pass the files I have for OC3d's site on to you this week. Sorry, I haven't gotten around to it 'til now. Just been so busy lately. I'm going to try to get the list of everyones' farms as up to date as I can for you. And maybe in our next thread we can get everyones' farms listed in a standard format on the first page. I had to dig through all three of OC3d's main threads to get the farm info I have now. :rolleyes:

New rigs:

Just troubleshot an XP 1800+. Its now folding for us more or less full-time at stock speed. 1.53 Ghz

Just recieved a 1600+ agoia 9 week 24 in the mail. Replaced Tbird @ 1110 with new XP @ 1775. I'll probably send the Tbird on down the line and replace a friend's Duron 900 (@1008) with it. That should add about a 100 Mhz sine it OC's to about 1100.

Last edited:
New rig

Added a dual XP 1900+ server from work today.

Re: New rig

Arkaine23 said:
Added a dual XP 1900+ server from work today.

sweet arkaine! i added another 950 and a p4 is on the way.

have good news about the lab, 2k should be on by the end of the year, that will mean they will give a solid output!

FOLD ON
NAS

I reached my personal milestone for myOC3d contribution :) This is the second time my log file reached 1k pts, I had to reformat before and lost my previous log file. Happy 2k for me :)

Just added a Athlon Tbird 900 mhz, my uncle's rig in ventura. I dont know how many hours a day this PC is going to be on, but since their kids are all grown up and out of the house, and they work most of the day, i wouldnt expect this to produce all that much since they dont seem to leave their PC on and trying to explain what folding is in korean was kinda hard for me to do :D

stats

Neevo and pyramid are both in critical threat range. But we're also certain to pass dok soon, and probably whirlpool as well. The duals I added aren't going yet... I think I mistyped something when I set up the cron job (linux scheduler). The good news is that in a coupl of days I think I can get a dual XP 2000+ server going for us, and probably a few more duallies and single cpu workstations later in the week. Fold hard guys!! We need to move up and get into the top 20 not get kicked back out of the top 25. :rolleyes: Folding at the top ranks in the world sure isn't for sissies...

Back