• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCAU can't wait for chirstmas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
from their folding site:

Well it looks like Plext has done enough testing and more and more of the iceberg is on show, he has so far got 413 active CPU's and is really starting to crank out the points. But Plext has let a few more clues out about what he has planned.

This is still the testing.
Expect the 'berg sometime around christmas.

at this

Mostly [email protected] 2.4
By christmas there should be about 2000
By late next year upwards of 10k

Now that's looking good for an OCAU Folding team Christmas present.

FOLD ON
NAS

NedClocker

Lt. Max said:
does that mean we wont pass them?

Well, ............... Maybe. Let's just say it significantly reduces the probability. :D

But, if we all just o/c our boxes a little bit more, ...

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
The prospect of passing the Aussies has always been that of a "long haul," it was going to take some time. However, with the advent of the Plext-inator, it will just take a little longer.

Circle the wagon's, it's going to be a long, hard fought year.

Wedo

Flashfx2

Am I understanding you right? This one guy alone will have access to 10k relatively high-end machines by next year. All folding for him and team ocau??

NedClocker

Flashfx2 said:

Am I understanding you right? This one guy alone will have access to 10k relatively high-end machines by next year. All folding for him and team ocau??

That's the way it reads. A little hard to believe.

FoldingAddict

Intel Fanboy
And how is this one guy going to do all this? Is this just OCAU smoke blowing or what? 10,000 CPUs?? That's like 1000x more CPUs than How???? had at his peak! Gosh, I can't imagine how long it would take to install [email protected] 10,000 times, a month? Also, with the advent of Gromacs, the uploads are a MB a work unit, I can't imagine this guy having the bandwidth to handle 10GB of uploads in a short period of time.

~FA

NedClocker

Gnerma said:
Okay, I don't see how this guy could get 10,000 CPUs. Someone cook up a possible scenario for me please :)

Maybe it's his birthday. :D

Santa Clause, maybe?

Like I said before, it's a little hard to believe.

A really big company is my best guess at this point.

Or oil sheik. or bill gates.

viking84

Well in Australia, when it's winter here it's summer there, correct?

Hmmmm...

Maybe down under April Fool's Day is sometime in November:p

**me pictures that Crocodile Hunter guy leaning back in a chair, picking his teeth with that big knife of his, chuckling when he reads our reaction to their web site posting....Crikey!

OP
NASsoccer

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
FoldingAddict said:
I can't imagine how long it would take to install [email protected] 10,000 times, a month? Also, with the advent of Gromacs, the uploads are a MB a work unit, I can't imagine this guy having the bandwidth to handle 10GB of uploads in a short period of time.

~FA

he is already using install scripts, to make it quick for install and what not. i also know that DGROMS will be adding upwards of 800 next year. He expects 2000 to be up and running by the end of the year, already he is almost at 500 and that number will continue rise.

FOLD ON
NAS

gtsimmo

Whoa it looks like OCAU has a few LAN Admins in very big companies!!!!
But everyone here knows that OC.com never gives in, even if they got another How??.

Fold Faster! Recruit more!

David

Forums Super Moderator
:eek:

Whoa, must be part of a huge company or something....!

David

orangebug

I would think that 10K P4's would easily outproduce even Google, which means we may have to reconsider caling them a default team and recognise them as legitimate. :mad:

Orangebug

I just looked at his project stats and noticed that he hasn't done any wu's for project 192 - that was the latest Gromacs project. If he's not setting those P4's up for Gromacs, we may still have a shot!

Last edited: