• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OcBible and Guidemania: Post questions here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
MrSeanKon-
Just to clarify, I actually found this thread while looking around in the Alternative OS section of the forums to see if there was anything new and interesting for me in the Alt. OS section. :)

I do realize that Windows is installed on more desktop computers than any other OS, and that there are far more posts about Windows topics than other operating systems here. I also understand that writing programs for the OS a programmer is most familiar with is the way to go, and a Windows program has a greater audience than a Linux one.

But nevertheless, the section of the Forums is titled "Software> Alternative Operating Systems> Software and Applications".
We have another section of the forums titled "Software>Applications and Software> Microsoft based Applications".
The other one would be a better place for this, as it is a Microsoft Windows based application. You might even get a better response and more viewers of the thread when it gets moved there.

My friend- I am not trying to bust chops or be a pita, but we do have the forums here organized by related subjects as much as possible to help people find things easier, and posting topics in the most appropriate area makes things easier for all. :)

OP
MrSeanKon

MrSeanKon

Disabled
rogerdugans this thread was not accessible for a couple of days as you can see Silversinksam's 7th post.
Of course I cannot move the thread!
May ask Silversinksam or other Moderators for further info and suggestions where it should be placed...
Thank you for your interesting. :)

Last edited:

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
MrSeanKon and I have just been having a nice discussion via PMs, and I will now apologize for making a fuss. :)

SilverSinkSam can put threads where he likes and as the organization can be a bit confusing this might well be the most visible place for this thread.

Please continue and ignore my other posts in this thread. :D

macklin01

Computational Oncologist / Biomathematician / Mode
Hmm, I'm trying to decide where this belongs. I see two, more logical possibilities than here:

1) Overclockers Forums > Overclocking > Applications and Software > Microsoft based applications

2) Overclockers Forums > Overclocking > Programming Tips and Tricks

In my experience, when ocforums members have created programs that they would like to share with others (and receive debugging and critiques), they have chosen the second of these options. In a sense, it's a pity we don't have a "software overclocking tools section". But the two options above would both be a better fit. (For instance, there was once a program to help enable semi-transparent windows that a member wrote that saw a lot of traffic, and it first popped up in "Programming Tips and Tricks".)

I'll write another mod and see what they think, but I'm inclined to move it there (with a redirect, of course). MrSeanKon, please PM me if you have a preference for the final destination of this thread. Thanks -- Paul

AngelfireUk83

What a weird thread no-way can I OC my 2500+ Barton on 1.60v-1.65v to get 2.2ghz I have to upto it too 1.80v. Then my memory to 2.80v otherwise it gives me the B.S.O.D I've just downed my OC to stock. Cause if I play a game at 2.2ghz it sends my CPU fan to spin up & down up & down and it's annoying me.

I've set it to run with a program I got with my motherboard from AOPEN called SilentTek it starts at 65% which is a good speed and silent noise. But if it goes upto 50 like it does when playing games it does the spin-up/spin-down thing.

OP
MrSeanKon

MrSeanKon

Disabled
AngelfireUk83 said:
What a weird thread
Sorry what do you exactly mean? :rolleyes:
Could you be more clear?
OK your Barton achieves 2.2GHz with 1.65V?
What's your multiplier and your FSB?
Your memory needs 2.8V but tell the timings...
When you stretch too much your RAM e.g. 2-2-2-5 it needs higher Vdimm for more FSBs...
For example my RAM cannot boot at 200 MHz with 2-2-2-5 and Vdimm (maximum value) 2.86Volts.
With 2-3-3-5 its MSF is around 220 MHz but with 3-4-4-8 FSB is 290+ MHz...
3-4-4-8 vs 2-2-2-5 is around 4% (single channel 2T in both cases).
I don't have posted here tutorials for Bartons you can see at other supported forums.
I post to all supported forums general ideas and not the same stuff. :)
Keep in mind that all estimators are very sensitive of Vcore cos this is the main parameter.
I have tested many mainboards (AMD/Intel) and all give different values comparing BIOS + multimeter.

Last edited:

AngelfireUk83

My mistake there I can get 2.2ghz stable at 1.80v anything lower B.S.O.D just temps are my problem I've set up my CPU fan to run faster if the temps get any higher using a program monitor called SilenTek from AOPEN.

I have a rear extractor fan right next to my CPU but that is shifting air but no enough I'm going to cut out a hole at the top of my case. Then mod a fan to it to suck out air through the top I'm getting my dad to do it & cut the right size circle.

Then the screw holes just like on the side of my case cross fingers this will shift air and lower temps.

OP
MrSeanKon

MrSeanKon

Disabled
Mate 1.8Volts for 2.2GHz Barton are enough...
For example all my Bartons achieved 2200 - 2280 MHz with Vcores around stock value = 1.650 Volts is the stock voltage for Bartons.
Moreover my previous Bartons were not very good steppings other guys have achieved higher values.
So in my opinion do not stretch too much your CPU for 2.2GHz or improve your cooling. :)

Anyone who needs extra help for CPU stretcher he/she must visit my CPU burn-in guide here at XtremeSystems.
I warn you again use this program with extra care.

Last edited:

macklin01

Computational Oncologist / Biomathematician / Mode
Thanks for the update. Also, thanks for the kind note you recently sent me. Best of luck -- Paul

OP
MrSeanKon

MrSeanKon

Disabled
Thanks again Paul!
Well from version 1.44 only one new interface and two o/c guides inside!
Enjoy with this software! :welcome:

Last edited:

SemperFiGuy

Registered
Bumping this thread because I too am interested in checking this out. Anyone have a working link?

---> a question was asked as to whether this program gives you suggestions or actually changes settings, I didn't find the answer browsing the previous posts, perhaps someone could clarify? Thanks again

OP
MrSeanKon

MrSeanKon

Disabled
The OcBible is downloadable for anyone

Click folder is here for downloading and of course you can download the older versions if you want.
I repeat here the link cos the readers don't read the threads carefully (it is common) :santa:

SemperFiGuy:
This program suggests settings depend on inputs.
As you will see I attach manuals inside.
It is not something like Clock Generator etc.....

Moreover you can download the Guidemania for Windows.
A presentation for this new software is click here

Thanks for using these programs! :)

Last edited:
OP
MrSeanKon

MrSeanKon

Disabled
Regards mate. :)
I think it is 99.9% error free....:santa:
New programs for AMDs are also available!
Normal and High AMD Vcore estimator and AMD CPU speed estimator changed and splitted.

The 1.47 version support almost 35 different languages :eek: Greek, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese etc........
You can plot/save your data,CPU Stretcher has a transparent look!
Grab it and enjoy! :)

Link for downloading --> read the posts above.

---> Play with plots <---
Let's play with plotting (available from version 1.48).

Attachments

• photo1.png
    photo1.png
    16 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
OP
MrSeanKon

MrSeanKon

Disabled
The first multilanguage version is available!

These are some data Data Modeling example

Plot settings:

Attachments

• photo2.png
    photo2.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 300
Last edited: