• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*** OCF "Fall Brawl" Folding Contest ***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just to be clear to everyone... ChasR's WU count is going to be lumped together with HayseK's WU count for HayseK.

It wouldn't be fair for ChasR to win the prize he is supplying... but HayseK is a physically different person, who spends his own money and pays his own electric bill to Fold, so it is fair for him to win the main contest prize.

For those that don't know, HayseK has always Folded under the ID ChasR, but split off and began Folding under his own ID for the contest. So in a sense, ChasR is HayseK and HayseK is ChasR... Folding wise. ;)

Also, neither the user ChasR or HayseK is participating in the PPD portion of the contest. The idea here is for users to add PPD... and since HayseK just split off from ChasR, he isn't adding any PPD to the Team's bottom line. Otherwise, he would win the PPD contest hands down. We want to encourage everyone to up their Folding game for a chance at the PPD prize. :)

Since a percentage would be relative to each participants' base output (as calculated from the week prior to the contest) it really wouldn't be fair to someone who is already pushing 20k to have to push another 10k to get a 50% increase when someone pushing 2k would only have to push another 1k to obtain the same percentage.

To further that example... a participant who increases from 20k => 25k gets the same score as someone who increases from 2k => 7k.

Stats Update!

Check out the Top Post LINK'D HERE.

Other Stats

Total Points generated by contest participants to date: 7,627,041

Total WUs generated by contest participants to date: 15,205

*New Stat* PPD Change generated by contest participants to date: +111,003 PPD
:clap:

thfoldon.gif

Stats Update!

Other Stats

Total Points generated by contest participants to date: 11,133,410

Total WUs generated by contest participants to date: 22,320

*New Stat* PPD Change generated by contest participants to date: +134,766 PPD

thfoldon.gif

Stats Update!

Other Stats

Total Points generated by contest participants to date: 16,067,737

Total WUs generated by contest participants to date: 32,399

*New Stat* PPD Change generated by contest participants to date: +148,985 PPD

thfoldon.gif

I totally agree!!! :beer: Great Folding Everyone! :beer:

I now wish that I'd run PPD numbers for the previous contests to see how they all stacked up in that regard. I'd go back and run the numbers if I had the stats downloads for the time prior to each of the previous contests... but I don't, so I have no baseline measurement to calculate any PPD gain.

Oh well... I'm setup to do it now and we'll have that stat going forward. :)

Regarding GPU2 EUE/UM:

Don't worry about the EUEs, everyone is having them and they're almost impossible to keep track of with as many as everyone is having. The problem is on Stanford's end. You, the Folding donar, can't solve the problem... so just keep 'em Folding and roll with the EUE/UM as they come along.

However, I would like to encourage everyone to manually update to the new v1.18 nVidia GPU2 core- thread LINK'D HERE- to hopefully help minimize the EUE/UM problem as much as possible.

Stats Update!

Other Stats

Total Points generated by contest participants to date: 18,614,193

Total WUs generated by contest participants to date: 37,558

*New Stat* PPD Change generated by contest participants to date: +116,378 PPD :clap:

We had a pretty big PPD drop in the last couple days, project wide- it wasn't just us. Thanks to the dreaded p5801 a lot of GPUs went cold the last couple days. Keep 'em Folding ladies and gents... we'll pick it back up!
:beer:

thfoldon.gif

Stats Update!

Other Stats

Total Points generated by contest participants to date: 23,899,551

Total WUs generated by contest participants to date: 47,931

*New Stat* PPD Change generated by contest participants to date: +107,768 PPD :clap:

My apologies to the participants for not updating the stats over the weekend. I'll be updating more frequently for the remainder of the contest period. Thank you to everyone who participated!!! Let's make a big push to the end!!!

thfoldon.gif

...awe.... :sniff: :sniff: ...my personal Thanks Lofty! :beer:

-AND-

Another round of :beer: for ChasR (best make it Guinness) for his generosity!!! Ain't much of a contest without a prize! :D

Stats Update!

Other Stats

Total Points generated by contest participants to date: 27,367,034

Total WUs generated by contest participants to date: 54,912

*New Stat* PPD Change generated by contest participants to date: +116,106 PPD :clap:

My apologies, once again, for not updating the stats the last couple days. I'll be updating the next three days as we race toward the finish line, I promise. :) Final numbers will be posted on Sunday and the winners will be announced on Monday night. Thank you again to everyone who participated!!!

thfoldon.gif

Back