• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"OcHideout New Silver Stuff"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dissolved

ochideout's nice memory thingys!

i got this from one of the guys i talk to from there, altho he said they wont be out for a moth or so, im a lil confused about it. im guessing its for water cooling the ram, and it looks to be copper, and silver plated. i wouldnt doubt it costing quiet the penny, but if you need the extra fsb, im sure these would help :)

i just hope i dont get yelled at for showing this hehe :)

Last edited:
and of course the nice Z4 :)
they've just desided to show the bases, cuz im thinking they may have altered the top/mounting system. That would be awesome if they actually use the mobo holes right this time ;)

BUMP, How could anyone not like these? :(
been for for 6hrs, and this is at the bottom of the page :(
well anyways, im making deals with one of the owners from there about getting all 3 :)

I'm interested in the RAM units. I've been wondering when some machinist would make one...just hope they remembered that the RAM slots are close together.

starscream33 said:
I'm interested in the RAM units. I've been wondering when some machinist would make one...just hope they remembered that the RAM slots are close together.

well your only gonna be able to use those if you only have one ram stick. if your a crazy oc'er u should only have 1 anyways due that 1 stick usualys ocs better then 2. im thinking about buying them, but the water channel doesnt look to go all the way done to actually run over the ram chips. if so, then theres not too much of a point. but i asked them about it. ill postup if its true.
and there in stock today, if anyone wants them

Hey they just posted another pic

this looks to be the finished model

finished2B.gif

looks as if they did a good job making them compact as possible

Looks to me like once the tubing is connected, it would put a lot of physical strain on the sockets.

Hoot

That can be dealt with. If the MOBO lies flat, then you just have to secure the blocks to each other. This can be done with a velcro tie, and it wouldn't hurt to put in a small space between the blocks so as to not add inward stress on the chips.

If the MOBO is vertical, then the same procedure applies, but you will need to prevent gravity from putting lateral stress on the sockets. Another velcro tie or two should do the trick. Just loop it through the other ties and then secure it to something immobile and solid like the PC case cross member or whatever.

Just be real careful during transport and disassembly.
:eek:

starscream33: yea thats a very good idea, as i was kinda thinking the same myself.
Overclockershideout is looking to really improve. im glad there thinking of these new things, cuz there gonna make good bizness. im sure that may hurt dangerden a lil bit. but im sure they'll improve the memory ramsinks, cuz the water channel DOES not actually go over the mem chips.
What i was thinking (och didnt say this.):
is that the heat from the memory will rasie up a bit, the heat transfer and the silver plated copper will help dissapate this heat as to the water running through the top should keep the memory cool to a certin point. the only way these would really work good, is if the water was alot colder then the ram. which may cuz condestation.
so hopefully they'll hook someone up, so they can review them, and we'll go from there.
but as of now im going to stick with there silver WB and gpu WB.

Ya that would be great. I dont wanna have to use thermal adhesive to get the block on. If they did make a 8500 watercooler then they would be rich. Im gunna make a new post to see if there is an 8500 water block.

EclipseJP said:
Ya that would be great. I dont wanna have to use thermal adhesive to get the block on. If they did make a 8500 watercooler then they would be rich. Im gunna make a new post to see if there is an 8500 water block.

i forgot to ask but ill do it in a few...

BTW. the black "plastic" on the memory sinks is actually anadized alum. they comfrimed this, so sorry i was wrong..

Back