• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCin w/ CPUFSB help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

I used this program to oc my 1.5 P4 (C1) up to 1650 and was wondering how high i can get this chip with standard cooling...never oc'd an intel before..Idle temp is 34C...whats good temp range for a 423 P4?

Thanks

I don't have any experience with the P4 willy's, but I would think that the temps could probably go 40-50C before you start having problems. Two things to keep in mind. The load temp is going to be the limiting factor with your overclock, not the idle temp. Also, is your temp reading from a thermistor on the motherboard or is your temp reading from the CPU itself? The thermistor on the motherboard reads 5-10C lower than the actual CPU temp, so you have to keep this in mind with regards to max CPU temps.

Yep, idle temps don't mean much. Load CPU temps up to the low 50's are probably acceptable as long as the voltage is at or near default. That's a fairly mild overclock, so you should be fine.

Back