• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocing 2200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subconcept

I recently started to oc my 2200+, I dont plan to unlock because I cant afford any mistakes so I am just upping the fsb. Right now its at 141 w/ 1.65 vcore, at 150 it dosnt post and at 145 it crashes I am asuming atm the vcore may be the problem so i am going to up that to 1.7 or a little higher.

the weird thing is, my temps at sock speeds 1.8 ghz where at around 37-39 full load. And after ocing to 1.9 my load temps are at 35. What would be your suspicions? bad temp reading or asus is speeding up my fan, ive never messed with any qfan settings if left it default. The fan i got is 7k delta (noise maker) and asus pc probe repots it at 7.1 k so I dont think it is fan speed.

well i cant afford any mistakes hehe, im saving to buy a new digi cam, so what i have now has to do.

Cooling, do you think i need really need more. The airflow is good, two 80 mm intake, 2 hd coolers (no hds on them) 3 small fans each intake, and psu and 80 exhaust.

The sk6 with 7k fan seems to be doing a good job, at 39 idle w/ 1.65 vcore, but i would like to get some more accurate readings, but ive talked to other people who are getting similar temps so i guess its normal.

I think I will try uping the vcore tomorrow and raising fsb. Im sure I will see the expected change in temp when the voltage goes up.

Bridging the 5th L3 will ONLY WORK on thoroughbred CPUs, and all it will do is disable the x8 bit and set it LO instead of HI, which in other words allows all multipliers between x5 and x12.5, this procedure is not needed on XP2000+ or lower. On the regular Palominos, you have to fill the pits between all the L1 dots with something unconductive, and then connect them (from ::::: to |||||) with some conductive material. for more info see the Official unlocking thread (the sticky, on the top of the page).
Also the regular XPs don't even have 5th L3 as far as I know

Back