• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing a Geforce 4 Ti4600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlowBurn

Someone told me that it's not even worth OCing my Geforce 4 Ti4600 with my current system. Is this true?

Samoyed

Assuming u have a "lucky" card that can be OCed pretty well it is worth it. Figure on a 10% OC typically. The core will probaby run at 325 and the memory @ 660 or so. This will net about 500 pts in 3D Mark.

Some lucky people get cards that OC higher and some poor slobs cant OC much at all. While cooling helps, the main thing is to get a good card by luck or by Gainward's "Golden Sample" version.

Why even ask? Try it and see.

residentevil2

Disabled
well it may not be worth it to him but to us it is 3dmark score increase of 500 points is good ya but in games yure fps can jump from 5-15 more

ocing my 9700 from 325/620 to 335/660 brings my fps in Ut2003 up about 10 wich isnt much but when ur playing the game and u used to get say 30fps and not ur getting 35-40 it helps alot

tragic_monkey

when i run 3DMark on my Gainward GF4 ti4200 at stock you can really see it struggling but with it oced (c my sig) it dosn't lag atall :) and i dont consider my oc to be a big one at all

OP
SlowBurn

SlowBurn

tragic_monkey said:
when i run 3DMark on my Gainward GF4 ti4200 at stock you can really see it struggling but with it oced (c my sig) it dosn't lag atall :) and i dont consider my oc to be a big one at all

Wow you almost have the same system I have! I'll try OCing it when I get home, thanks for all the replies :)