• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing a GeForce2 MX400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ishakir

Hello guys,

I currently have a GeForce2 MX 400 by eVGA and I wanna overclock it as a practice run for my incoming GeForce4 Ti4200 Albatron Turbo. My question is, how do I know what my stock settings are? The POS has 6ns SDR memory and 200mhz clock speed (GPU?).

I have installed the Coolbits hack and when I attempt to overclock it, it starts as ZERO for the memory and goes up to only 100. My GPU slider starts at 175 though.

Any thoughts? Here's a .txt that shows the exact specs of my video card, any help will be appreciated.:)

I had some certified drivers for my GF4200 that were "WQCL" or some such name "certified". For some reason, the place where I D/L CoolBits said that it didnt work with WQCL certified drivers. Sure enough I saw the same sliders that u saw. When I changed to another driver it worked fine.

Try getting another driver. I'm not sure what makes a driver certified but try a few. My current driver says this in control panel: file version 4.13.01.3082 date 7 16 2002. I dont know how this number correlates with the "detonator" driver numbers but maybe someone else knows.

get nvmax. lol, i have a geforce 2 mx400 and mt ti4200p turbo is on the way, too.

you could use either Riva Tuner or The Geforce Tweak Utility (only works with 29.42 drivers or lower) to overclock it.

i use the geforce tweak utility to overclock my MX400. i can hit 230Mhz core and 190Mhz ram before i have to backoff (you may get higher or lower)

you can download them from www.guru3d.com

riva tuner wouldnt work fo rme, neither would the other one :( I think it doesnt like meh pci card

Samoyed said:
I had some certified drivers for my GF4200 that were "WQCL" or some such name "certified"....
Try getting another driver. I'm not sure what makes a driver certified but try a few. My current driver says this in control panel: file version 4.13.01.3082 date 7 16 2002. I dont know how this number correlates with the "detonator" driver numbers but maybe someone else knows.

You're thinking of "WHQL certified" drivers:)

Visit www.guru3d.com, and download a set of non-WHQL drivers (for an MX400, any will do). Coolbits will then work as normal.

As to the driver numbers, the ones quoted above (4.13.01.3082 date 7 16 2002) are the 30.82 Dets, a popular version indeed. Personally, I use the 41.03 dets............

Back