• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing GA-K8N Pro with A64 3200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Izmosis

Hi all,

First post here.

I've beat the bushes trying to find out why I'm having alot of trouble getting another lousey 200Mhz out of my 3200+ on a GA-K8N Pro with 1GB Mushkin PC3200 2-2-2.

I've tried alot of different configs but nothing runs with any degree of stability.

Apparently CPU multiplyer settings are not available, well, they show up in "EasyTune" but cannot be adjusted, and there are no settings in BIOS for "x".

Running ok now @ 2060Mhz 1.6 voltage but go any higher and xp spits it out.

I have noticed from the sigs that a few people here are running this board.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

iz

d]g[ts

first look for bios 12c for that board, and make sure ram volage is maxed, then go to advanced chipset features. change last setting to 2t for your 1gig kit.
next find a progran named clockgen. that does your multi changes in windows, and can be configured to run at startup when you get it all worked out.

Also Welcome to the forums.

OP
I

Izmosis

Wow!

Thanks d]g[ts, oddly enough I spied on of your replies in another thread and registered here with the intent of PMing you about this but evidently you don't have it enabled, (which I can understand) and lo and behold you reply to my post.

Anyway, thanks for the info and I will follow it to the letter but where do you find 12c?

Thanks again,

iz

d]g[ts

Odd My PM's available to anyone. Not even full since i delete often.
Anyway I will look for it for you. tis around just dont remember where.
try again with a PM should work.

OP
I

Izmosis

Ooops..

My Bad, I don't use vBulletin enough, I'm used to the PM icon being available from the post window, I couldn't find it here.

Ok, thanks!

iz

wooohooo only 47 posts to go before I can show my boss avatar.

OP
I

Izmosis

Well, it just goes to show...

...Ask your questions in the right place and you'll be cookin with gas in no time flat.

Followed d]g[ts's instructions and I'm now running sandra (full stress) @2200mhz as we speak.

Thanks d]g[ts!

iz