• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing probs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What would you guys be talking about. Its funny, just when you thought you knew a lot about puters, you get something new sprung on ya. :) According to cpuz my voltage now is at 1.776 and I bumped my fsb up 182*12.5=2279(about). CPU temp is around 53C case-38C. I heard my fans kick up a little bit when I booted. I am running CPU Burn-In and my temps are around 57C. At what point should I start to worry about temps? Your my mentor man, lots of pressure on ya. :)

You should start to worry just about now... 57C full load is a pretty high temp. It's recommended you keep the temp under 50C under full load when overclocked and overvolted.

30 extra MHz definitely is not worth 57 C.

Back it down to 2250 and enjoy your system...

I did like you guys suggested, its not like I was doing this for any other reason besides to learn a little more and to see what my system could do. I appreciate all of the help yu guys offered, especially c627627. Now its on to cooling. I am going to start another thread in the cooling section. Thanks again for all of your help!!

Hey guys, shouldnt "ed" just lower the multiplier and up the fsb to 200. He is running pc3200 ram, If your saying he has maxed out the mhz. I'd much rather run 11x200@2200 than 12.5x180@2250. This is more of a question than an answer.

Back