• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drak55

Well although I've been a member here for a while I never really got into the OC'ing part well not that much. I just got a new setup the Asus EVO board and Amd regor 2.8 with 4gigs of some g.skill ddr3 also have a corsair ram cooler and an Artic cooling Freezer 7 pro for the cpu. My question is I know this chip will hit 3.5 from what I have read. I want to OC it but not really sure how to manualy. now Asus has the OC'ing program that came with this MoBo. Does OC'ing with the program give the same results and doing it manualy?

Thanks
Drak55

icebob

Nope! Usually what we do is set thing in the bios and fine tune with the software thingy. really depends on what you will be doing with the rig

OP
D

Drak55

Hum not the answer I was looking for LoL. I thought I could just get away with using the program to do everything for me looks like not huh lol.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
It will work to a point but without altering voltages and changing multi's your OC will be limited.