• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing with the FX-8370

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My ex MSI 970 gaming....

The fan on the socket...

6cb191af4a407564fc91bc5e6d2c2151.jpg

But VRM were cryed...[emoji27] [emoji27]

0d69169fb4b180ae408e74c4fcbaa1b8.jpg

617dc4479c409b21b8c7223b0cdf129c.jpg

Last edited:
only other fan i can get on there is one for the vrm. sides are glass so no mods there.........

my other case i had my brother (mechanic) cut a whole in the side of my other case, that was easy lol

That's better, you've brought the VRM/socket temp down almost 10°
Now you can try going a bit faster

Now I’m wondering how your temps are so low, my D15 hits 55c+ at those voltages ?

:D never mind, keep forgetting that watercooling takes a while more to heat up compared to air and you only did ~30m stressing. My 8370 does 4.7ghz 1.443v and it hits 55c+ on a Noctua NH-D15 which is comparable to yours but reaches it pretty much straight away.

ahhh i see....... so being that im using that much voltage @ 4.5 should i be getting more out of it? what i did to get to this point was turn the multiplier up 1 notch and turn the voltage up 1 notch, test, has error. turn up voltage 1 more until i had no errors

ahhh i see....... so being that im using that much voltage @ 4.5 should i be getting more out of it? what i did to get to this point was turn the multiplier up 1 notch and turn the voltage up 1 notch, test, has error. turn up voltage 1 more until i had no errors

Sounds about right. As long as thermals are in check you can up it a bit more. Not all chips are created equal my first 8350 needed lots of voltage.

what temps should i let it reach before stopping on the up-ing?

also anything else i can try tuning? got the memory at 1866, 1.65v, 10-11-10-27.

With TMPN1 I would stop at 70C MSI isn't known for robust VRM on AMD boards of that era

just experienced a randon freeze up

anybody know what this is or what to do? it was the ones at 8:07 but this one highlighted looked interesting

ezq2aw.png.jpg

no. just took it off auto. i did some research and ended up going to bios and changing the sleep state thing (cant remember) to S1 instead of S3.

Back