• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing with the FX-8370

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^ Unless you want to to start having errors or such, leave the mobo & ram out of the picture. You have hit your AIR Cooling Wall and you need better cooling to go Higher/Faster. No matter what else you do, you can not exceed your current CPU Speed.

You can tweak the FSB and RAM for an additional 1%-3% gain. You will only see BIG gains in benching NOT in every day use. If you want a Stable Computer leave it where it's at.

thanks!

just experienced a randon freeze up

anybody know what this is or what to do? it was the ones at 8:07 but this one highlighted looked interesting

ezq2aw.png.jpg

seems im getting this random error again.......... have no idea whats causing it. just did a fresh install of windows 10 1 week ago.

the one im always getting now is the entry 2 above the highlighted 1 in the picture, with event id 41

Untitled.jpg

few things ive just tried after searching around:

turn off hibernation in regedit
disable a secondary sound driver
turn off fast boot in power options

Last edited:
No The one Above it "Cpu-NB voltage

ahhh, thank you!

so it seems to be at the suggested number it looks like.

would it benefit me to take those last 2 off auto to a different setting?

what it looks like today .......

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
I followed your progress as I also have an FX-8370 that I'm in the midst of overclocking and I've learned quite a bit from what you've done based on others' suggestions.

I'll probably be making my own post about overclocking my own cpu soon to get some helpful feedback as well, just thought I'd say I appreciate having a path to start down!

Frohteloss, a few of us here have put a lot of time overclocking the Fx series chips. You need suggestions, have questions, whatever, we're more then happy to lend a hand.

I followed your progress as I also have an FX-8370 that I'm in the midst of overclocking and I've learned quite a bit from what you've done based on others' suggestions.

I'll probably be making my own post about overclocking my own cpu soon to get some helpful feedback as well, just thought I'd say I appreciate having a path to start down!

hope it helps! they've been a huge help! still running nice today!

Back