• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O'CLocking XP 1700+ (JIUHB)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlush

Hey

I got one of those 1700+ jiuhb, I'm using an msi kt333 mb with 2 sticks of pc100 ddr. I am only able to clock it to 2.05 ghz. I've heard u can get 2.4 or so.....my fsb is 161 and multiplier is 12.5. If I go any higher my system wont boot. I can't get above 12.5X it wont boot, and by staying at 12.5X, I can't get the FSB above 161 without it crashing. What cna I do to go higher? Do you recommend higher voltage? Is it my ram? Or maybe mobo? Please let me know this is frustrating! I've got a CoolJag JAC152A (is that good) fan.

Any help would be awesome!

ps my voltage now is 1.5 (default)

Thanks

J

glock19owner

PC100 would equal DDR 1600...I am thinking that is what he means...and if you are running DDR 1600...then like OCD stated...your memory is what is holding you back...get some good/cheap PC2700 (333Mhz)...good and cheap both go together right now for DDR PC2700...

Plus you might try to up the core voltage a little...and also the memory voltage...but if not using heatspreaders...do not run past 2.8v's for long periods of time...

Mr. $T$

how much voltage do you have going through the Memory.

and what temps do you have?

treepop

I would get better ram for sure....there are some VERY CHEAP! prices right now..I think you could definetly get yourself a stick of 256 2700 or sheesh why not go for some hyperX 3500 for like $60 or if not go for some 2700 which cshouldn't cost more then like $40

OP
jlush

jlush

Hey guys

I'm such an idiot!
I was supposed to type PC2100 !!!
Don't I feel stupid. Oh well, so that's my ram, and I guess it still sucks cause everyone's recommending at least pc 2700 (my mobo is 333) I'll go grab some of that and see how it goes. Ill check my system temps, I just have to restart, brb

James

glock19owner

Don't jump the gun too quick...I have seen PC2100 getting up to around 180FSB...but the key things are...your memory voltage, CPU voltage and memory timings...

List what timings you are running and memory voltage you are running...you have already stated that you are running at 1.5v's...you might have to go up to 1.525 or 1.55v's along with upping the memory voltage as well...

OC Detective

PC2100 is rated to 133FSB - sure some sticks will get up to 181FSB but they are the exception rather than the rule - best to upgrade it as it is holding you back for sure.

glock19owner

Most PC2100 will still reach 166 without problems...and here lately a lot of PC2100 has been the exception of the rules ;)...

But they first need to find out if it is the memory or if they are just not pushing enough voltage or pushing the timing too fast before they jump up to another stick and still end up having the same problems ;)

OP
jlush

jlush

Hey,
I think I can check memory voltage in CPU-Z, lemme do that......
It says:
Frequency 313.0 mhz
CAS # Latency 2.5 CLocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay 3 CLocks
RAS# PRecharge 3Clocks
Cycle time (Tras) 6Clocks

MY temps are CPU 39
SYST 32
CPU Fan 5500 - 5600 (kept changing)
VCore 1.501

MY Core speed is 12956 mhz
12.5 X 156.5FSB
Bus speed is 313
Technology 0.13

Anyway thats all the stuff I read from my CPU-Z

Lemme know if that helps you tell me what I need. I guess the last thing is to just get new RAM?

THanks so much guys you're geniuses!

James

glock19owner

get MBM5 that way you can read your dimm voltage in windows...plus you can see how your +5 and +12 rails are also...if they are too low or too high, that could be another cause of the problem...

MBM5 Download

glock19owner

209 x 6-3-3-3 at 2.8v's...no heatspreaders so I did not try to run past 2.9...this was also on my dead 8RDA+ that I was able to run it at...my backup board (8KHA+) won't run past 177 :(...sucks when the main bottleneck is the MB...

OP
jlush

jlush

Im unable to download that program. I think I will just buy some 2700 ram instead, that should solve my problem. Once I buy the new ram, will it simply be able to over clock to a higher level? ANd thats that? Please let me know,

Thanks

James