• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCSETI Folding Breaks into the top 1000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_safken

***NOT a recruitment post, ONLY informative as an update on progress****

Place: 975
Name: OCSETI

Considering theres about 1800 members breaking the top 1000 isn't bad. The one machine I have folding for us is turning out WU's faster than I have expected.

Once again this is the folding team name that we will fold under when SETI goes down, I'm just trying to establish the teams folding name. Although the end of SETI1 will be around late january or feb of next year, Isn't having a plan for not wasting cpu cycles kinda important, right? Im gonna fold until about 100 points and I will start crunching again for the team full on again. Thanks everyone for your support and don't forget:

"When the SETI WU's stop, come fold under OCSETI and help our neighbors as they would help us."

Hehe - and I already have you single handedly beat ;)

Place: 883
Name: OcTC

FYI TC: I have 5% of your total crunching power going on the OCSETI account.. :D

The OC folding team has around 1800 members total.

beau_safken said:

"When the SETI WU's stop, come fold under OCSETI and help our neighbors as they would help us."
sure will DO!!! ;) especially consider our neighbor recently organized to crunch for us for a day, sure we ought to return the favor and who say "A CPU cycle is a terrible thing to waste"?! is we ever waste (or use) it, we'd better use it on our neighbor team!!! ;)

beau_safken said:
FYI TC: I have 5% of your total crunching power going on the OCSETI account.. :D

The OC folding team has around 1800 members total.
FYI - I did that all with one computer :p Read up on gromacs and P4's over there ;)

If/when Seti units become unavailable, all my seti crunchers will be Folding right along next to you on the OCSETI Folding Team:D

(I am already a part of the team under my own name- shhhhhhhh! Anything that is folding for ME will stay that way though;))

TC said:
FYI - I did that all with one computer :p Read up on gromacs and P4's over there ;)

Do you have to specify to get them, or do they just show up. I have been trying F@H and I get these P180's that take so long. Which they were all as fast as the Gromacs.

P4's with SSE2 get sometihng like a 20 to 30% boost on those WUs. AMDs with 3Dnow also get some boost, not nearley as much. Its all about the optimization.

{PMS}fishy said:

Do you have to specify to get them, or do they just show up. I have been trying F@H and I get these P180's that take so long. Which they were all as fast as the Gromacs.

P4's with SSE2 get sometihng like a 20 to 30% boost on those WUs. AMDs with 3Dnow also get some boost, not nearley as much. Its all about the optimization.
You have to ask for them by adding -advmethods to your shortcut, or there's a place to add extra strings in EM. If you know your system is 100% stable you should also add -forceasm after the admmethods. This forces the optimizations back on if the client is improperly shutdown.

Back