• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocsystem ram ?..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My last 2 sticks of OCsystem DDR PC3200 CAS2 cost me $117 and 2 months later $67///Dang... Both run well with no errors at 201 mhz cas 2 5,2,2 settings with 2.77V... Anything higher in FSB, repeat ANYTHING higher---even if I relax timings to 9,4,4 cas 2.5 with 2.9V do NOT WORK!!!!!
For $67 bucks its great but do NOT expect anything more from this stuff... Obviously they have done their homework well--binning this stuff from a large batch.....
My next stick is probably going to be some good Winbond stuff-- My Epox 8rga was able to boot at 234 with the ram run at 83% so I really need some better ram

k tiem to end thread winbonds here i come lol from memoryx.com

FWIW. Several weeks back I purchased a 512 MB stick of OCSystem CAS2 DDR 400. Paid $100 at the time. I started a thread where I was caterwalling about being shafted. It wouldn't
post at the 380 Mhz I was running at.
I have fooled around with it the last few days and finally got a post at 400 Mhz and 2.9 volts. However, I had to reduce timings to 2.5-3-3-7.
Still not as advertised. But progress. I would take all the advise here to stay with ram of proven quality. As in Ed's article today, you'll save money in the long haul.

k thats bs... im soo gonna order jack from ocsystem.. =( only name brand from now on

Back