• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ copper BGA ramsinks for my 9800 Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yamiyanazz

How are these ramsinks? Are they worth the $18 they are listed for on newegg, or should I settle for the $12 alluminum ones? Perhaps it would be even better to try to find someone to cut me up some, but that wouldn't look as uniform and crisp..I want a pretty card.

Oh, and I'm also using the Revision 3 VGA Cooler, so they would need to fit under that...

OP
Yamiyanazz

Yamiyanazz

Hello.

So I could either go for the server heatsink and hack it up to try to make it look good, or I could go with the copper ones from SVC? Will there be a cooling difference, or will they both run about the same?

Radical

They should both be about the same. The question is do you mind cutting a bigger heatsink up? Because $6.99 for the OCZ RAMsinks is a good deal, but $6.99 is still a lot for RAMsinks.

OP
Yamiyanazz

Yamiyanazz

ah crap... the $6.99 deal is only for a set of 4...I need 8. Looks like I might be looking for an old heatsink...