• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Dual Platinum PC3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

OCZ Dual Platinum PC3500 EL

ok guys, this memory has BH-5 chips as we all know... now im wondering, should it be ok for me to run these chips at 3.0v for the DDRVdd ( that is the mem voltage right? )
currently im running my mem at 3.0v with a 5/4 ratio at 292FSB. I havent stressed it yet, but i was just wondering if its ok if i run it at 3.0v? like just for testing purpose right now, i will bring it down untill i get better cpu cooling. But if i keep it at 3.0. what is the expected life time? on average i mean.

I just found out that this isnt stable with only 3.0VDdim, so i had to lwoer my overclock to 3.2Ghz, and a VDdim of 2.85. But if i wanted to run my VDdim at 3.2, would it be ok? or would my memory start burning? As ive read peopel Vmodding their memory and getting 3.2+ VDdim. is 3.2 wthin reason?

raven

btw, this is all at 2,2,2,5 timmings:D
And its the EL version

Last edited:

SK8

well for one you are voiding your warrenty i think or is ocz's policy 3.1 or is it 2.9 or somthing like that i dunno but who cares about warrenty..... not me

OP
raven

raven

lol warrenty....

anyways, i realized that its fine to have your mem at 3.0v+ cus i did some searchign through out the forum, and no one had any problems with keepign ther mem higher then that...

So now that i got that out of the way, i was just wondering if these benches are any good?

i am running my CPU at 3.5GHz, with a FSB of 292, a ratio of 5/4, a Vcore of 1.575, a VDdim of 3.05, my memory frequency is 234MHz
my memory timmings are 2-2-2-5
My GAT is set to
Street Racer, Auto, Auto, Disabled, Disabled

in Sandra's memory bandwidth im getting int buffered of 6272, and a Float buffered of 6275

i wrote all of this down all because sadly, i do not know how to link images.. and havent had time to read up to how to link images...

So what do u guys think of this?

Grandpa Dan

Mines getting 3.15v. I've found that setting the timing at 2-2-2-6 or 2-3-2-6 allows enough increase on the FSB to more than make up for the performance hit of the slower timings. And both are far more stable.

SeanOMatic

Hey Raven, you bought OCZ, not Genericon RAM, so you can put as many volts as you need through those DIMMs, we'll still cover you as far as warranty goes.

It is safe to put 3.0-3.2 volts through them, just keep things cool.

sp00L

SeanOMatic said:

Whoa! Sean, you're saying 3.2 vdimm is ok??? OCZ Tech support ok'ed 3.0vdimm for me and that's where I am now. 3.2vdimm really got those heatspreaders nice and toasty then I didn't want to fry my only good sticks of super-ram so I set it back to 3.0.

That's good to hear. My mushkies didn't survive 2.8.:eek:

Valk

this is bh5? criest.. I might sell my 3200 el on the newsgroups to get this stuff.

tweaker

3.68 volts to our ram (3500 plat series)been at voltage for 5 months now,and she is at 2,2,2,2 and aggresive in the bios.this stuff is as well built as they come.oh yeah it runs at 240front side stable...

radman

eva2000

yeah they can take voltage alright

2x 512MB OCZ PC3500 Platinum Limited Edition

AI7 @ 240mhz 2-2-2-6 at 3.2v vdimm 1:1
GA = AUTO though

-> 10+ hrs prime stable
-> 225 passes of memtest86 test #5 ~3hrs 7mins running error free

prime95_10hr5min.jpg

sp00L

But eva, clock for clock, the 875 will still outpace the AI7. And, the onboard voltage regulars must make getting more than 3.2 out of it a real pain. I think the AI7 is a great concept but if only they married it with 875.........

Great screenies, btw! Here's alittle something from Asus :D

3-7sp00L.jpg.jpg

But once you get your prommie up, you'll have me drooling!

OP
raven

raven

eva2000 said:
just noticed raven you use AI7, try dimm slot 1+3 and 2+4 and on my AI7 1+3 do 15mhz less of a oc than 2+4 slots

Ya, will do!
all i need to get is better cooling first, so that nothing fries on my board. ( which i really mean my intel chip, cus its only on stock HSF and AS5 !! lapped:D )

tweaker

SeanOMatic said:
Hey Raven, you bought OCZ, not Genericon RAM, so you can put as many volts as you need through those DIMMs, we'll still cover you as far as warranty goes.

YEP and SEAN ain't SH%*%& YOU!!!!!!

OCZ is the MAC DADDY of RAM!!!!! :D