• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ front side bus with nf7 2.0 opinion's needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archangel4life

ok im running ocz 3500 eb platinum edition on an nf7 version 2.0 with proper cooling and an 2600+ mobile L12modded to 166

the best stable overclock i can achieve is 225, with the memory at 2.5-2-2-11

ive tried 3-3-3-11 and im not stable at 230 or 235

runnin 2.9 volts or ~ 3 volts cuz of overvolting into the ram.

what do you guys think could be the issue? i need more volts to the ram? or chipset? should i get the l12 mod to 200 fsb?

Well topping out at 225 on an NF7-S is pretty common. There is always vmoding the chipset which will most likely get you a higher fsb. Here is a link to both the pencil and the pot methods. Both work fine as I've done both but I'd recommend the pot as its easier to change. :)

3500 the warrenty covers up to 2.8volts according to the site but the 3700 is up to 3 hmm.

The IC died at 5volts so already proven to be tougher than BH-5.

Last edited:
hmm well here at 225, im prime stable for 30 mins.. everything else is stable as a rock tho...

its kinda hard now to see what the problem may be... ill probably buy the vdimm booster... from ocz when its available..

you think it might be the chipset? my rails are very stable on my 420 thermaltake purepower

Its not your RAM, its the mobo. Have you done the |12 mod? Cuz I am stable using 3-2-2-11 @ 240mhz @ 2.9v on an NF7 as well.

Your RAM is not at fault

I agree with Sent, it's not the ram it's the motherboard. I've done nearly all the nf7-s mods (pencil, L12, vdimm=3.3v rail, other "behind the motherboard" soldering jobs), as well as better NB cooling, mosfet cooling,etc and I'm still stuck at 222fsb. I got up to 230fsb using the D10 modded bios, but switched back because the bios was acting weird.

NoteUser said:
The IC died at 5volts so already proven to be tougher than BH-5.

The chips were fine it was just the PCB that smoked.

Is your NF7 a rev 1.2 or 2? My rev 1.2 took a crap load of work to get to 250Mhz. I did every mod out there and peltier cooled the NB. Dual channel I maxed out at around 235Mhz stable but single I got 250Mhz. The NF7 uses the older nf2 chipset not the nf2 ultra like the infinity does.....so expecting it to run like an infinity is unfair. If you want to run higher FSB I would sell that board and get the DFI infinity....it's just so much less trouble.

Steve

Back