• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC3200 512MB CAS2 - why won't it overclocK???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hobogloves

Registered
Hello,
I set up my computer over Christmas and ended up with an ABIT NF7-S rev2, unlocked Barton 2500+ and this OCZ PC3200 512MB CAS2 RAM. The problem is, it doesn't overclock any better than Samsung or Infineon RAM that I have used in other systems recently. It says PC3200 (400MHz) @ 2-3-3-2T and it means it... it doesn't move. I've upped the voltage to 2.9v and it still won't budge unless I set it to some horrible timings. I got this over Kingston HyperX PC3500 because I thought I could reach PC3500 speeds easily (with the same rated timings as the Kingston RAM) by overclocking this RAM up there.. and also the boxing day price of this RAM helped too in me deciding which RAM to buy, but anyway.. It won't even do 205MHz x 2 (410MHz) @ 2-3-3-11 @ 2.9v . Shouldn't it handle this no problem? At least I thought it would... I've heard people have had great success overclocking this RAM... maybe I missed some setting in the BIOS that would help? Please help me.. any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here is the link for the exact RAM that I am talking about:
http://www.ncix.com/forums/index.ph...r=2&product_id=9025&forumid=101&pcbuilderid=0

Como

wow, thats not right at all. i cant personally help you, i know nothing about hte bios of that motherboard (mine wont be here for a few days) but i'm usre someone here canhelp you sort this out. OCZ 3200 should do much better than that, i would think.

disk11

Try updating the BIOS if you haven't already. And go through the user manual's BIOS pages and see if them suggest any settings for overclocking.

OP
H

hobogloves

Registered
I have the most current NF7-S BIOS and yes it is unlocked I have tried the 10.5x multiplier and it works.. what would that have to do with the RAM being able to overclock or not anyway?