• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd intermittent screen artifact

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

I'm not sure how to describe it or even capture it, but my Samsung UD590D seems to have developed an intermittent artifact of sorts.

I'll describe it the best I can:

Every now and again ~5 mins? a very brief series of semi-translucent horizontal white bars flicks on the screen and goes away so fast its difficult to get a mental picture to even describe it to you. It does not seem to appear like clockwork, but it happens often enough to notice and be an annoyance. It also does not appear to happen in the same place on the screen every time either.

Happens during everything seemingly, I haven't seen it during a game yet but its most noticeable in full screen video (either youtube, VLC, whatever) but happens during normal activity like typing a post in this forum =P

Got any ideas? Is it my monitor, graphics card, or something else entirely? On Radeon Relive 17.12.1, the latest non-beta driver. Not sure when it started happening but ive been noticing it a lot lately...

Will update graphics drivers to the beta 18 ones to see if that helps any. It also should be noted I am using a mini DP to full-size cable to connect to the 295X2

Last edited:
Well, does it happen with a different....

Monitor?
Video card?
Different input?

That is where i would start.

I managed to capture the elusive b*stard

Happens around 3 sec and later as well.

I switched to another of the 4 mini DPs and will report back. Its a very odd problem, it does not happen for hours and then the frequency seems to increase and then it repeats... If that doesn't work ill pick up another Mini DP to DP cable...

Sigh... why is it that something always goes wrong after I make a major purchase... le sigh. I wont be able to see anything but ill have great sound! lol...

Hopefully its the $5 cable and not the $500 monitor or $1500 graphics card...

Last edited:
Back