• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd USB Issue at my end

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enderfect

Registered
Hello forum starts about a week ago i began having issues with all my usb ports on my motherboard even case ports after exhausted amounts of look and fiddleing i have come up with no answer
ill be playing a game and all of a sudden -Doo-doo disconnects and within seconds reconnects

Solutions i have tried

Reformatting the entire system finding the most up to date drivers And Trying Microsoft Default drivers
Setting my bios for all ports to run in just legacy 2.0 which i have no 3.0+ devices
Trying diffrent ports
Buying a new Keyboard and Mouse!

The Motherboard is an ASUS Maximus Hero VII

Ive never had this issue ive had the board for about 5-6 months

I Have no idea as to whats going on
I Even ran a Intel Diagnostic with no issue and OCCT to see if there was anything going on with power

Is it possible just for your motherboard all of a sudden to decide it doesnt like USB Devices?

My only theory is maybe my waterblock was to tight? or a simple moving the PC to the side (it has legs) to plug something in somehow torqued the board and damaged w/e arena / object that process's USB

I see no issues outside of USB Connections however

(Solution)

So Turns out after replacing every part in my computer via warranty's Trying different outlets even trying the pc in a different house lol
I Was walking down my street and noticed Just next door in my neighbors backyard he had this crazy garden of attennas One of which was built around the time issues began
Turns out my neighbor is a big big fan of HAM Radio and recently got a Home made Amplifier built by a friend thats about the size of a 20+ Inch CRT Monitor with a freaking motor on it
I Discussed the problem with him and he was kind enough to give me about 15 Ferrite Chokes for my pc / Other Gadgets ever since putting them on the issue is gone

So the issue was my house being blasted with god knows how much radio waves from this guys house so the good news is my pc issues are fixed and resolved the bad news is i can feel cancers growing lol

Last edited:
Try building the system out of the case, could be a grounding issue from moving things around.

Had the same issue a couple weeks back before my Crosshair start throwing CPU errors, in my case was old age and abuse, but seen some threads that state that there's driver conflict with the Asus ones. You can install Windows and runs fine but if you install the drivers on the Asus website for chipset/USB it starts randomly disconnecting.

Another thing will be your power settings, are the USB's set to disable when not being used to save power ?

Soooo Update after trying everything across every forum
I Took my motherboard back got a new motherboard...

And its still happening either the mouse or keyboard will randomly disconnect a fresh format was done Windows 7 was completely updated
The drivers were completely updated to the most stable release's

Im using the CM Storm Devastator combo
Sometimes it will work for a couple hours then boom disconnects the power manage options are turned of so it doesnt suspend power to the devices
Just now infact it did it i had to unplug both the mouse and keyboard as they both just stopped working

I Also took back my keyboard and mouse and got a new one!

The Power supply is working completely fine i ran a full OCCT test checked all the voltages 5v everything was fine

I Just dont understand whats going on

Last edited:
No the only thing in that area that was installed is what windows installed HID- And Generic Combo itself didnt come with them

Also just did full power supply test in OCCT ran 10mins 5v rail didnt dip below 5.00v Temps were vine volts were fine again
I just was playing wow for like 3 hours then boom out of nowhere starts giving me problems

I litteraly just rebuilt my system being careful with everything

This is the 6th System ive built and have never encountered this issue before
Brand new Mobo Brand new keyboard and mouse

Im begining to think either microsoft updates are the cause or CM Storm devastators just suck

My Freind who has the same Motherboard same Keyboard and Mouse same GFX Card a 4660k compared to me 4790k and same 16gbs ram No problem at all they just have a diff OS

Not drivers, software.

Are you using any sort of extension or hub?

Nice work on tracking that down !! I never thought about the radio interference from a ham
causing that type of issue

If he's pumping out that much power that it's causing you issues, he's over his FCC limits! (And he probably knows that!)

If he's pumping out that much power that it's causing you issues, he's over his FCC limits! (And he probably knows that!)

Not only that, he has a really poorly designed transmitter to have that much power outside of the frequency he's transmitting on. Sure he's a HAM and not just a CB'er? HAMs generally don't play outside the rules, especially if it'll affect others as they know that's the quickest way to get caught and heavily fined.

This guy is quite sketchy im just glad he was nice enough to give me quite a few chokes To whihc completely ended my Terrible 3 week issue of wondering wtf is going on i guess he has a friend who built his amplifier that could be possibly why?? and it is HAM yes he has quite a setup in his "Hobbie" Room Hes kind of a loner like for the longest time i thought he worked for the FBI or CIA lol cause hes always quiet amongst many other weird things..

He Said his hobbie has been ham radio since he was 12 And i had asked him when he got this amplifer thing amongst putting up this new Crazy Attenna of his and he got it right around the time the issues started

I know absolutely nothing about HAM but if i were to take a guess id say its his friends home built amplifier... and as far as i know im the only one who expierenced these issues Kinda a old person street youngest person is next door to me further from his house and the day my pc went ape**** the attenna was facing my house

He Claimed what hes doing is completely legal and hes licensed.... again my hobbie is gaming and building pc's not ham radio or talking to truckers lol

As mentioned i live on a street thats 90% older people late 60s Only young people is next door and i asked them if theyve had any issue only issue theyve had is someone talking through there speakers

Last edited:
Can't resist anymore....

Grammar and punctuation are your best friend!!!!

(My wife is a school teacher...it's a twitch thing...):thup:

Just reported him to the city... cause he gets home just few minuets ago boom stuff dcs and internet drops i look out window hes home antenna facing my house

**** is ridiculous

Back