• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ode to the Classifieds/New Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c0nfusion

I am building a new rig and I just wanted to throw it out there how much money people can save by using the classifieds. I bought about 75% of my parts from the classifieds and saved a LOT of money on this build. You also get the added benefit of receiving a part that is tried and true (if you buy from a trusted source) and, in some cases, you already know what kind of OC you can expect from your parts! I'm sure everyone knows this already, but I just wanted to express my appreciation. Here's the breakdown of my new rig, along with pricing breakdown:

zCUqW.jpg

Secondly, I wanted to get your thoughts on my new rig. How do you think this will perform for current and next-gen games? I'll only be using the 22" monitor due to space constraints, so that's why I went with the single-gpu approach. A month or two down the line, I'll probably throw in another 4gb set of that AMD Edition OCZ RAM.

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
I'm not an AMD fan so I'm not sure how it will perform. That said, with the parts you have, I would guess it would do nicely with the current games @ DX10. Good luck on the build.

OP
c0nfusion

c0nfusion

I'm not an AMD fan so I'm not sure how it will perform. That said, with the parts you have, I would guess it would do nicely with the current games @ DX10. Good luck on the build.

I've been hooked on AMD for a decade - can't help it! Haha. Thanks for looking!

Future upgrades:
4gb more OCZ AMD Edition
SSD
Another 4890 for CF

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
You will be fine with DX10 stuff for a little while, no doubt.

+1 for the classifieds here!

JonSimonzi

This time 6 months ago, 90% of my computer was from the classifieds here. E8600, Maximus II Formula, 2x 500gb WD Black drives, 700W ThermalTake Toughpower PSU, lapped TRUE. Aside from my ram, case, and video card, it was all classified bought :)

OP
c0nfusion

c0nfusion

Oh, and I apologize for the nerdy looking Excel spreadsheet. Working for the Big4, you tend to make spreadsheets for no good reason.

RoC1909

Nice job on the system, C0nfusion. I have never used a system that had a AMD but it looks like you saved a nice amount of money and got a nice computer.

bda1967

It looks like a nice build. I plan on doing a budget build from the classifieds in the near future for my son's friend as he is on a limited budget.

psionic98

+1 for classies as well.. i couldn't have gotten my new rig w/o em.. saved a few hundred that way

Chixofnix

Oh, and I apologize for the nerdy looking Excel spreadsheet. Working for the Big4, you tend to make spreadsheets for no good reason.

If it makes you feel better i've got many many spreadsheets covering nearly every build I've made for myself or another - identical in function with links and such.

+1 for classifieds (if anyone is keeping count). Also +1 for PM's. You'd be suprised how easy it is to strike a deal/trade with fellow trustable OCF'ers =).