To make a backup copy of your e-mail message folder in Outlook Express, follow these steps:
1. Start Outlook Express.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. On the Maintenance tab, click Store Folder, click to select the path, press CTRL+C to copy the path, click Cancel, and then click Cancel again to close the dialog box.
4. Click Start, click Run, click in the Open box, press CTRL+V, and then click OK.
5. On the Edit menu, click Select All.
6. On the Edit menu, click Copy.
7. Paste the files into another folder.
To restore or import your e-mail message folder back into Outlook Express, follow these steps:
1. On the File menu, point to Import, and then click Messages.
2. In the Select an e-mail program to import from box, click Microsoft Outlook Express 6, and then click Next.
3. Click Import mail from an OE6 store directory, and then click OK.
4. Click Browse, and then point to the folder that includes the files you want to import.
5. Click All folders, click Next, and then click Finish.