• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Official AMD Ryzen 3 Vermeer (4***/5***) Rumors and Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Microcenter now discounting the 5600X also, $279 plus $20 off a motherboard. Still no 5900X or 5950X in stock.

Has anyone heard of a possible -5960x/5970x... tr4 replacement of the 39xx series? The way the new 5xxx series is preforming, I would like to see a 32c/64t HEDT.
Not that I’ll get one. I took ED’s advice and stopped chasing the leader.

Has anyone heard of a possible -5960x/5970x... tr4 replacement of the 39xx series? The way the new 5xxx series is preforming, I would like to see a 32c/64t HEDT.
Not that I’ll get one. I took ED’s advice and stopped chasing the leader.

So far the leaks of Genesis Peak having it top out at 16 cores. Nothing leaked above that core count yet.

Kinda ironic an sad at the same time. Finally see a full line up of the RYZEN 6XXX 5XXX chips in stock locally and the 7XXX 6XXX potentially not far off now. I have to wonder why upgrade now.

But video cards regardless AMD or nVidea are still nowhere to be found. I'm tired of covid ..... tired in general delivering right now is just draining.

I have to wonder why upgrade now.
Ryzen 6/7000? 5000 is out now with 6000 later, yes?

I ask why not? There's always something better around the corner. And DDR5 isn't going to be a game changer out of the gate, nor is PCIe 5.0 (outside of more/faster lanes available on the mainstream platforms). If you're ready, go get em. The 5000 series from AMD was a game changer. That said, you're on 3000 series which is plenty good enough, so, in your case, I would absolutely wait. Many in your shoes are thinking the same thing.

Yes .... typo 5000/6000 and my sig is out of date currently running 5800x. There really isn't enough time in the day.

Yeah, for you, there's really no reason to upgrade to 6000 series... though I understand the want too!!!!

Kinda ironic an sad at the same time. Finally see a full line up of the RYZEN 6XXX 5XXX chips in stock locally and the 7XXX 6XXX potentially not far off now. I have to wonder why upgrade now.

But video cards regardless AMD or nVidea are still nowhere to be found. I'm tired of covid ..... tired in general delivering right now is just draining.
Can you clue me in to where you are finding ANY stock of the 5950X?

I scour the websites daily and try my luck with the Newegg Shuffle daily and still have not been able to purchase one.

Hardware Unboxed or Gamers Nexus mentioned that thereÂ’s supposed to be a 5*** refresh before the 6***, if you want to upgrade you might want to hold off and see if itÂ’s worth it ?

Can you clue me in to where you are finding ANY stock of the 5950X?

I scour the websites daily and try my luck with the Newegg Shuffle daily and still have not been able to purchase one.

5950x at canada computer kingston . Only 1 left curbside pickup only. Plenty of the 5900x though.

I moved from a Z77 system to a B550 system last November. I initially wanted the 5600X, but was no where to be seen.. I got a sweet deal on a 3600XT to tide me over during Black Friday. I jumped on the 5600X as soon as I could get one a couple of months later, and it is awesome. I do plan on running this system for a while, I will move to DDR5 in a couple of years. I also bought the 5900X last night, so might be here this week..? I am good with AM4 for a bit that's how much I like it :D Of course I will kick myself in a few months.. but that's how it always goes lol..

5950x at canada computer kingston . Only 1 left curbside pickup only. Plenty of the 5900x though.

I already have a 3900X and it is my least amount of cores. I want to replace the original 3950X with the 5950X so I can donate the 3950X to the 3900X host. I am still waiting on my Milan cpu, not expected till August now.

Sadly I have no retail store like a MicroCenter near me. Nearest is 10 hours away at Tustin.

I already have a 3900X and it is my least amount of cores. I want to replace the original 3950X with the 5950X so I can donate the 3950X to the 3900X host. I am still waiting on my Milan cpu, not expected till August now.

Sadly I have no retail store like a MicroCenter near me. Nearest is 10 hours away at Tustin.

Well I can pickup one for you provided I don't have to drive far. Kingston has 1 about another 6 near by 2 hrs each way. Looking at $1300 Canadian + shipping think another $30 + Ins (no idea). If I can nab the one here in Kingston just cover the costs listed ..... I don't know how customs work for you in the US if this is even a viable option. If you can arrange the shipping I can print a label and drop off. I contract for Canada Post how I would ship and right now we are swamped 14 hr + days and am trying to finish off cutting my fire wood on the weekend so not allot of spare time to run around.

Well I can pickup one for you provided I don't have to drive far. Kingston has 1 about another 6 near by 2 hrs each way. Looking at $1300 Canadian + shipping think another $30 + Ins (no idea). If I can nab the one here in Kingston just cover the costs listed ..... I don't know how customs work for you in the US if this is even a viable option. If you can arrange the shipping I can print a label and drop off. I contract for Canada Post how I would ship and right now we are swamped 14 hr + days and am trying to finish off cutting my fire wood on the weekend so not allot of spare time to run around.

Thanks for the offer. I will decline with gratitude. I am not that desperate yet. I am getting by with my current mix of cpus. Just frustrated as we all are with silicon availability.

Based on the posts on OCN that I follow with Canadian members and their horror stories of getting product through customs and issues with carriers, I will decline your gracious offer to purchase one locally.

Hardware Unboxed or Gamers Nexus mentioned that thereÂ’s supposed to be a 5*** refresh before the 6***, if you want to upgrade you might want to hold off and see if itÂ’s worth it ?

There was news some days ago that the refresh won't improve the performance at all. There will be some adjustments but almost nothing worth waiting for. If someone has a good deal on the current 5000 chip then I wouldn't wait. I guess that refreshed AMD chips can have improved power management or higher bins for ~100MHz higher boost on single cores.
I don't think that AMD will make any significant changes till DDR5 so can count on nothing in ~8+ months. They just add new products showing they are still on the top and Intel has nothing worth spending money on with such amount of cores right now. Well, they have good options at 6-8 cores but nothing 12+.

There was another news that AMD is working on "Zen 3+" which should introduce an additional cache that supposed to improve gaming performance. I only wonder if this is refreshed 5000 series or maybe 6000 as AM4 will probably appear as 7000.
There are more questions at this point. I could only ask what's the point to release the improved Zen 3 when Zen 4 will be released "soon"? Or they expect bigger delays, or it's a laptop chip...

https://www.techpowerup.com/282835/...vertical-cache-technology-15-gaming-perf-gain

There was also news that retail 5000 APU will appear in stores in about 2 months. While I see news about new CPUs, I'm playing with Ryzen 4650G, trying to test the best RAM settings for APU. The quick conclusion is that DDR4-5200+ is a bit faster than anything below, also than DDR4-4400 1:1 IF/IMC. Tweaking timings for DDR4-5400 right now ;)

Maybe we will get some news tomorrow at the AMD key note. Though what kind of timeline for any release ..... I doubt even AMD knows or are willing to say.

Their marketing is chaotic and feels like is not working right with the engineers/tech staff. Sometimes they say or promise weird things so I never know what to expect till I actually see a product ready for retail.

The AMD keynote happened overnight (early morning) for us in the Euro time zones. I haven't had the chance to watch the original yet, but I got the impression from news sites what they showed was essentially a prototype with no statement of making that into a specific product so far. If they do with Zen 3 or not, might depend on what Intel does and when. Obvious potential problems will be thermals and cost. It seems a safer bet that'll be baked into Zen 4 though.

Also there are some generalisations that need to be addressed at some point. As a cache size increases, it tends to be slower. So you want to optimise the size so that you get the best performance for a given workload. CPUs being more general, you might have to then decide on what types of code you want to run faster. Is AMD targeting gaming?

Back