• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Diablo III Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I could care less if the auction houses existed or not and to be honest I used both at some point. All RPG games have some sort of AH these days so it was expected. The real problem was that people became so stuck on the AH being a problem they overlooked the real problems just to complain about the AH. Because of that the game became just another junk game on my hard drive.

I agree, I would have rather seen them take D2, make it look better, update some things, and release that than deal with the BS that D3 became. To this day I can still play D2 and have fun but I lost interest in D3 within a year. That is saying a a lot about the game.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793109384?page=4#75
Travis Day said:
...yes elemental damage types have effects associated with them now...

Great to see this is coming back from the original D3 content. As is, elemental damage other than cold is pointless since none of the others have any effects (and monsters don't have elemental immunities). These effects could actually make someone want damage other than "Black" and/or cold.

More big Diablo III news from Blizzard...

The gold and real-money auction houses will be removed from the game on March 18, 2014.

Source

AH Update FAQ

*Tears up* I'M JUST SOOO HAPPEEEEHEHEHEHEHE! This will actually help the game IMO I always thought this was the worst addition to the game and why they had no EOL content really because well you could just buy the gear you wanted what fun is that?

IMO it was never a good idea I'm glad it will be gone.

Wow, that is big news! Too bad it will be March next year before it gets removed but I can respect the time needed. I know its a far fetched idea but I would like to see them reset the gold at the same time so everyone can start fresh but maybe the removing the AH will fix the economy anyways :shrug:
Please note that the shutdown will occur on March 18, 2014.
I do hope they give us the ability to name games like in D2 so we can make trade games again. Without that it will be difficult to trade imo.

Last edited:
Yeah I wish it was sooner but I see the bind they put themselves in. it will be VERY hard to remove a feature that was so heavily hyped by them. But PROPS for them having the man bits to take it out.

I'm curious how the removal of AH/RMAH will affect the value of gold and I guess the entire economy as a whole.

Not sure how it will affect gold value, but I think it will probably go down since gold will only be useful for crafting, enchanting, and transmogrifying instead of dumping a ton in the GAH. I also think item value would go up since the items would be harder to come by since you can't just go to the AH and buy them in 3 minutes. Just my guess...

I do hope they give us the ability to name games like in D2 so we can make trade games again. Without that it will be difficult to trade imo.

Yeah, named trade games seem like a must. I hope some more details come out soon on this and everything RoS related.

...PROPS for them having the man bits to take it out.

+∞

Hmmm I hope it turns out well, I've never been a fan of games with a lot of trading with no real currency to work with. In Diablo 2 the bulk of trading was done with high runes but even then, some things didnt have a defined value. In games like Path of Exile, currencies were even more confusing as it was you know, 2 of these equal 1 of these, 2 of those equals 1 of another etc etc.

I was just trolling the D3 Forums and the posts from people under the announcement I'm pretty sure there are more happy people then flamers. Though it's been making me laugh, One person was complaining about playing for "Hours" and not finding a single useful drop for his characters! if you did every time the game wouldn't be a game nor would it be fun or exciting to see that beautiful gold sparkly! just makes me laugh and then there's the people threatening "Legal action" against them another lol considering they accepted an EULA which I'm sure has them agreeing to Blizzards right to remove a game feature.

Just a lot of lol's at the flamers now I will be buying the expansion for sure! I'm super excited.

I was just trolling the D3 Forums and the posts from people under the announcement I'm pretty sure there are more happy people then flamers. Though it's been making me laugh, One person was complaining about playing for "Hours" and not finding a single useful drop for his characters! if you did every time the game wouldn't be a game nor would it be fun or exciting to see that beautiful gold sparkly! just makes me laugh and then there's the people threatening "Legal action" against them another lol considering they accepted an EULA which I'm sure has them agreeing to Blizzards right to remove a game feature.

Just a lot of lol's at the flamers now I will be buying the expansion for sure! I'm super excited.

That's why I'm rarely on the D3 forums other than checking Blue posts and News, the forum is just full of trash and trolls.

A lot of people don't seem to understand why the bolded part above is true. The reason we never find useful drops for our characters is because every time we purchase an upgrade on the AH, it makes it harder to find a drop that's better than what we purchased. So, we have to go to the AH again to get another upgrade, making it even harder to find an upgrade...and it just snowballs into infinity.

Why the only thing I ever did was purchase and resel gems for gold and I did that once and got my 50+ mil gold for repairs lol which I may do again just so I can stock up on gold before its gone lol

But I'm just glad the botters will be gone. I have voiced my support to Bliz for their awesome decision. Don't want multiple account botters and AH "Flippers" to be the prominent voice over there ;)

I've been playing this game a lot lately. Like a lot of people here, I sank in something that numbers in the thousands of hours into D2 through high school and college, and I had high hopes for this game too.

Basically, this game is really, really fun. I started a Demon Hunter, and its just a really rewarding play experience. Plenty of enemies, interesting enemy affixes to deal with, its just really fun.

Obviously the itemization needs some SERIOUS work, and the idea that I've heard that really makes me nervous going forward is that its just really hard to make interesting items when ultimately every skill is based off of weapon DPS, not necessarily skill level.

That being said, I think getting rid of the auction house and acknowledging that there is a huge loot problem is a great step. Mostly, I want the items to be fun again. There's nothing fun about buying a Thing of the Deep off the auction house, and furthermore, there's nothing really fun about finding one as a drop either, because chances are its going to be basically useless.

I like to use Vampire Gaze as an example -- There was a lot of variability in the stats, but no matter what stats it had, it had value. You could even throw it on your Merc and it had value. It was just a solid item. A Vamp Gaze was a Gaze! And they looked awesome. But you didn't absolutely have to use Gaze if you were a melee class. Shako had use for melee classes, Arreat's for barbs, even stuff like Crown of Thieves had use.

I really hope that they bring back the feel of the items, and I think that the new team is saying the right things and moving in the right direction. I'm excited for the expansion!

ss.

I like to use Vampire Gaze as an example -- There was a lot of variability in the stats, but no matter what stats it had, it had value. You could even throw it on your Merc and it had value. It was just a solid item. A Vamp Gaze was a Gaze!

Yeah, but the 1.08 Gaze was much better than the 1.09 gaze. Higher base stats + .8% ll/ml. Godly. :)

I'm curious how the removal of AH/RMAH will affect the value of gold and I guess the entire economy as a whole.
IMO, Gold will (by and large) be obsolete as a currency. It'll still have its place for crafting/repair, but other than that.. pretty much useless (just like D2). Obviously since it had a place as a currency already, it won't immediately be devalued.. people will cling to it because they spent all their time (and often $) collecting it.. they'll be reluctant to let it go and accept the fact that it has no real worth now.

I wonder if the monk will finally be able to heal party members beyond normal difficulty. He was my first play through and it paled in comparison to the Barbarian.

More datamined info at http://www.diablofans.com/
Bottomless Potion of Kulle-Aid
Legendary Potion
Drinking Kulle-Aid allows you to burst through walls summoned by Waller elites for 5 seconds.
Now that is an awesome item in both function and flavor. I hope the final name will be just "Kulle-Aid" though, and the flavor text better be "OHH, YEAH!!!"

Last edited:
I figured I'd bump this with some info on the recent patches. Substantial changes all around that have made the game insanely fun again for me. There are always downsides to changes, and this time it's the Bound on Account Unique items, Bound on Account Set items, and Gold cannot be traded. However, Uniques and Sets can be traded within 2 hours to the players in the game in which the item dropped.

More major changes are coming on 3/25/2014 with the Reaper of Souls expansion release as well.

Diablo III Patch 2.0.1 - v2.0.1.22044 (2/25/2014)

Here's a shortened bullet list summary of major changes with the green highlights of the most substantial...
  • Loot 2.0
  • Paragon 2.0
  • Extensive changes to all classes
  • Pools of Reflection
  • Nephalem Glory
  • Extensive changes to the encounters of the following bosses:
    • Maghda
    • Siegebreaker
    • Azmodan
    • Iskatu
  • Crafted item stats rolls appropriate to the character crafting the item (using the Loot 2.0 system)
  • Difficulty system has been completely reworked
  • Cursed chest and shrine events
  • Changes to existing Elite monster affixes, and five new affixes:
    • Frozen Pulse
    • Orbiter
    • Poison Enchanted
    • Thunderstorm
    • Wormhole
  • Addition of social features:
    • Clans
    • Communities
  • Quality of life changes to the UI

Diablo III Patch 2.0.2 - v2.0.2.22274 (3/4/2014)

Just bug fixes in this one.

Thanks for posting all the patch information. I'm hopeful that these changes fix the game but what I don't like is that they have the audacity to sell an expansion for a game that barely feels like its passed the beta stages.

Back