• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OFFICIAL] GTA IV - ProReal Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GxStorm

GTA IV ProReal Mod

Description

GTA IV ProReal Mod takes advantage of the huge modding community around the GTA series. (Mainly gtainside.com and gta4mods.com)
GTA IV is full of potential, but it's also full of problems. We try to focus on certain game aspects, and improve the overall user experience.
We focus on 3 major aspects of GTA IV. Those being Graphics; Gameplay; Performance.
We gather mods around the mod community and try to fulfill and improve these aspects along the way.
We take no credits of the mods included. Credits go to all the mod makers mentioned in the following websites (www.gtainside.com) / (wwwgta4mods.com)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Requirements

CPU: Quad-Core
RAM: 4GB Recommended
GPU: 768MB minimum VRAM ( Someone tested out on a 768MB GPU and the game ran ok ) - 1GB Recommended

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation

Before Installing...

EFLC NOTE: Steam updates the game automatically to version 1.0.7.0. The mod doesn't work with that version of GTA IV.

EFLC Users: Follow this method - Link Here

1. Install GTA IV ( A fresh install is recommended )
2. Update GTA IV to version 1.0.4.0 - Link Here
3. Backup the Grand Theft Auto IV directory to your desktop or wherever you please.

Installing the Mod

Once everything is set up as mentioned above...

1. Simply extract the contents of the .rar file into the backed up or the original directory and overwrite as asked

Extra Tips

- Update your drivers - Driver Booster - Link Here
- Clean your computer - CCleaner - Link Here
- Defrag your hard drive - Smart Defrag - Link Here
- Kill unneded apps in the background

Troubleshooting

Q: GTA IV won't even start now!
A: Make sure you don't have any monitoring software on the background ( FRAPS; Afterburner )

Q: My game is too bright!
A: You're either not on version 1.0.4.0, or the two xlive.dll aren't in the GTA IV directory

Q: Textures are missing in some places!
A: It's a common issue with the game, make sure you meet the requirements, and have plenty of VRAM. Make sure your settings aren't too high.

Q: The game crashes 5 minutes into the game
A: The mod comes with custom cars, so if you have any kind of car parked outside of safehouses before installing the mod, remove them and save your game. You probably need to use your backup and do that.

Mod Contents

1. ENB Series - Gives the game a total different kind of visuals, making the game much more attractive.
- Performance Wise - It has the ENB in the tag, but It's very performance friendly.
- Custom Motion Blur - Gives a great fluid feel to the game. More attractive visuals. Makes low FPS feel smooth and fluid.
- SweetFX - A very very slight addition of sweetfx. No performance hits.
- Road Textures - Lord Neophytes Road Textures. Good looking and performance wise.
- New Glass Effect - Cool bullet impact effects on glass.
- Tweaked Water - Not a very important tweak, yet a nice touch to the game.

2. Car Pack - Let's be honest. Rockstar made-up cars aren't very attractive.
- Quality Car Pack - Chosen by me, trying to find the balance between Quality-Performance.
- Performance Wise - Vehicle models file size are kept under 3.5MB each, to preserve performance. Vehicles.img file is kept under 300MB.
- Handling; CarColors; Effects - All cars have unique handlings. They are faster and more "Down to Earth". Suspensions are stiffer in all cars....etc.

3. Scripts - A Scripthook is uncluded for this section to work. Scripts enhance the game in several aspects.
- Speedometer - Enhances the GTA HUD. Blends in with the radar. Discret yet awesome.
- RPM Gauge - Another great addition to the HUD. Blends in great as well.
- Arrest Warrant - Standard GTA IV cops are stupid. This script enhances the cops actions. They can pull you over for several kinds of felonies. Link Here
- Deadly Wrecks - Flying through the windshield is cool yeah. This adds damage when you crash. You have the option to wear a seatbelt. Link Here
- Weapon Weight - Logic. The more weapons you carry, the slower niko runs. Link Here
- Simple Native Trainer - In-game cheat engine. God mode, Car Spawning, Animations...Hells your playground. Link Here
- Real Traffic - Good Taxi bug fix. No missing textures.

4. Sounds - Replaced some in-game sounds to contribute to the environment of the game
- Car Sounds - Various different car sounds replacing the plastic like originals.
- Weapon Sounds - <--- what it says
- Helicopter; Subway; Rain and Thunder Sounds - This contributes to the environment deeply, specially the last one.

5. MIscellaneous - Various additions in-game aiming at the overall feel of the game
- HUD - Together with the Speedometer and the RPM gauge, I added HD health and armor bars. Link Here
- Map - Pause menu map enhanced as well as the in-game mini-map.
- Blips - Good quality map icons.
- Colored Radio Icons - Another cool touch to the whole HUD.
- Weapon Icons - Colored ammo icon and weapons icon.
- Peds Fears - Pedestrians don't get scared about drifting and horn honking near them.
- Loading Screens - Intro and loading screen pictures. High quality and good looks.
- Fixed Fences - They don't look all jaggy anymore.
- Blood Effects - More blood
- Explosions - Bigger Explosions. More fire. More Smoke

Recommended Mods ( Not Included )

- Lord Neophyte Textures - In my opinnion, a must have! Also, my enb is tweaked to match these textures. Clearly the best textures for GTA IV out there. Link Here

- Trees Mod IV - Lord Neophyte textures already include these. I personally perfer the GTA IV default trees, but if you like greener trees, try this mod. Link Here

Download Link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/2s9204w40amen89/GTA+IV+-+ProReal+1.0+beta.rar - Version - 1.0 beta

Screenshots

900x900px-LL-f2f43ece_21.jpeg
900x900px-LL-2d8f5fd9_GTAIV2013-04-2916-02-21-59.png
900x900px-LL-c182dc91_18.jpeg
http://cdn.overclock.net/8/8a/900x900px-LL-8a324d61_6.jpeg
900x900px-LL-525d90bd_2.jpeg
900x900px-LL-1a5ee590_5.jpeg
900x900px-LL-3f9aa911_GTAIV2013-11-1318-14-36-47.jpeg

Future Updates

- Create a setup installer of the mod that lets the user pick and install what he wants, like the included mods and the setting of the enb, and so on.
- Stabilize and expand the mod
- Fully complete all of the handlings (hardest job in the mod)
- Add missing cars to GTA IV, by this I mean, add the DLC cars to the regular GTAIV and add cars that existed in previous GTA games (San Andreas; Vice City; III)
- Add something like easter eggs, mainly special vehicles just to make the game more fun
- Tons of stuff

( And probably take this concept and apply it on the older games and enhance them )

All of this is the people are interested enough and if I finally get someone to help me out on this

(Expect changes in this section)

Note: Add me on skype :)

Username: g.x.storm

Note: The mod is still a work in progress (WIP)
Expect some changes in this main post over time
Most of the mod contents section will suffer tweaks over time
Altough the game is perfectly playable as it is.

Note: We are always looking for fellow modders who want to participate in the mod.
So don't be shy ;)

Note: Links and proper crediting will need some time

Disclaimer: We don't claim any credits for the mods used in this project. All credits go to the main mod makers. Thank them ;)

ENJOY :)

and always give some feedback on ideas and bugs found.

Last edited:
I love modding GTA 4! You should try out the Ghost Rider, Iron Man, and Hulk mods. I will DL this and give it a try. Thanks

Man, that almost makes me want to buy this game, even with V out now...

Wonder how long it will be before V comes, and subsequently how long til another version of this mod comes out for the new game.

I love modding GTA 4! You should try out the Ghost Rider, Iron Man, and Hulk mods. I will DL this and give it a try. Thanks

Once the mod is all set and rock steady, I'll expand it for sure
Later on, I'll post a section on the main post regarding future updates and additions ;)

Give me some feedback later if you can then :)

Man, that almost makes me want to buy this game, even with V out now...

Wonder how long it will be before V comes, and subsequently how long til another version of this mod comes out for the new game.

Yeah, I was really thinking about taking this stuff to GTA V after it gets out for the PC. Well, I just hope that it doesn't turn out such a bad port as GTA IV did.

More info later :3

GTA IV ProReal Mod

Description

GTA IV ProReal Mod takes advantage of the huge modding community around the GTA series. (Mainly gtainside.com and gta4mods.com)
GTA IV is full of potential, but it's also full of problems. We try to focus on certain game aspects, and improve the overall user experience.
We focus on 3 major aspects of GTA IV. Those being Graphics; Gameplay; Performance.
We gather mods around the mod community and try to fulfill and improve these aspects along the way.
We take no credits of the mods included. Credits go to all the mod makers mentioned in the following websites (www.gtainside.com) / (wwwgta4mods.com)

Its amazing what the modding community does to give life to game these days. Makes me want to try to install GTA IV again on the PC.
Great job getting all that together.

KΓλ©KΣΓ™;7589188 said:
Here's a link to a boat I built for GTA IV
image_53454.jpg

http://gtaforums.com/topic/546325-andrea-gail/

Slick boat

i am playing through EFLC Balllad of gay tony for first time. if i install this mod, will it break the single player storyline?

Glad to see you're still dedicated to this, man, its looking great. I run basic ICElaGlace graphic mod on it but I'm interested in getting this one installed. Give me a bit of time over the next few days but I want to get EFLC looking like this.

Whats really fun is playing GTAV radio station playlists while playing GTA4. :)

i am playing through EFLC Balllad of gay tony for first time. if i install this mod, will it break the single player storyline?

Hi!
For now...
This mod is only compatible with the 1.0.4.0 dvd version of gta

Either way, it has some problems with the story mode..
Cause some features are realistic...So, for example, the final mission, killing pegorino for me, is I think impossible to complete, the chopper gets destroyed when it should just be damadged as I recall...

Glad to see you're still dedicated to this, man, its looking great. I run basic ICElaGlace graphic mod on it but I'm interested in getting this one installed. Give me a bit of time over the next few days but I want to get EFLC looking like this.

Whats really fun is playing GTAV radio station playlists while playing GTA4. :)

Hi man, recognized you from my previous releases immediately ahahah
Good to know you're still interested in this.

Since the previous releases, I've been picking this up on and off kinda descreetly, but I like where it stands...shame I can't get fellow modders to help me on subjects I just don't have time to learn about, coding and modeling and such.

If you wait a few days, I'll release a better version of this, with some nice features and more fixing :)

Also, IIRC, there is some recent tool that lets you mod the GTA IV radio stations, and since there is a lot of GTA V to GTA IV mods out there, I'll probably make a GTA V themed mod for GTA IV ahah

Very nice. Really all I want from EFLC is one vehicle, the Sprunk! 83 sportbike evo of the Bati800.

Back