• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh crap please help me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CodeForSociety

So im kind of a noob and I was messing around on the BIOS trying to overclock my intel cure 2 duo wolfdale. I set my ram timings to 800mhz and my fsb thing to like 340..i dont even know what it really means. But then i saved the settings and now my computer turned on but my monitor wont show anything, yet its turned on too. is there any way I can fix this?

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
You can reset the BIOS to stock settings by switching off the power supply, moving the Clear CMOS jumper for about 30 seconds, put it back where it was before, flip the PSU switch back on and turn on the computer again. When you turn it back on, make sure to go back into the BIOS, and select load fail safe defaults. That will get you back up and running, and you will be able to go back to working on that overclock. Make sure to set your PCI-E frequency to 100MHz. It sounds like your PCI-E might have overclocked with the FSB, which can cause what you had described.

Atlehunekonge

So im kind of a noob and I was messing around on the BIOS trying to overclock my intel cure 2 duo wolfdale. I set my ram timings to 800mhz and my fsb thing to like 340..i dont even know what it really means. But then i saved the settings and now my computer turned on but my monitor wont show anything, yet its turned on too. is there any way I can fix this?

Reset bios on MOBO.
Remove battery or use jumpers to reset it.
Some motherboards are equipped with a switch for this....

Atlehunekonge

You can reset the BIOS to stock settings by switching off the power supply, moving the Clear CMOS jumper for about 30 seconds, put it back where it was before, flip the PSU switch back on and turn on the computer again. When you turn it back on, make sure to go back into the BIOS, and select load fail safe defaults. That will get you back up and running, and you will be able to go back to working on that overclock. Make sure to set your PCI-E frequency to 100MHz. It sounds like your PCI-E might have overclocked with the FSB, which can cause what you had described.

Hehe you posted when I was typing...lol

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
... and post your system spec's so we know what you're working with.
CodeForSociety said:
I set my ram timings to 800mhz and my fsb thing to like 340..i dont even know what it really means
I would strongly suggest you at least read the sticky at the top of this forum before you start randomly changing BIOS settings...

HOWTO: Overclock C2Q (Quads) and C2D (Duals) - A Guide v1.1
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=515316

... then if you have any questions, post them in their respective forums.

Neuromancer

You just OCEd your RAM WAY out of spec is all.

Should have dropped the RAM multiplier before upping hte FSB.

tweakboy

Disabled
Yes Neromaancer your right.... hopefully hes good and going... sorry for double post, don't know how to get rid of it.

burningcpu

Mobo Cooking Member
Heh, I remember the first time this happened to me the first night I tried overclocking. Talk about an "oh crap" moment.

Now I have hardly any reaction at all.

Did you get this settled?