• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OH Sh!t !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chuck

Registered
I just ordered an alpha PEP66T for my T-bird, but Im not sure its going to fit on my Abit KT7A! Does any one know if it will fit or should i cancel the order???

thanks

asmodean

It'll fit easily, you just have rotate the shroud 90 degrees. Use two fans, it made a 5C difference for me. The fan on the shroud MUST suck. The other fan should be rotated 45 degrees and blow, sucking air from the DIMMs direction. I used nylon ties to attach it.
Also, the PEP66 doesn't like overpressure, it'll make the temps go skyhigh. I tried that and my temps went so high that the machine rebooted. Checked the temps after that in the bios and they were 66C.

Ridenow

Sneaky Moderator
I would not call it a faint heart, we just like to keep this area a little cleaner than other forums. This is not a flame hole and we do encourage younger members.

Welcome to the forum, Chuck.

most deaf

Ridenow (May 30, 2001 10:09 a.m.):
I would not call it a faint heart, we just like to keep this area a little cleaner than other forums. This is not a flame hole and we do encourage younger members.

Welcome to the forum, Chuck.

im younger but i dont care, i posted a question saying help me you b*****ds

Placid

chuck (May 30, 2001 02:14 a.m.):
I just ordered an alpha PEP66T for my T-bird, but Im not sure its going to fit on my Abit KT7A! Does any one know if it will fit or should i cancel the order???

thanks

Shows a easy way to get it to work.

oden_xp

I have the same Alpha and mobo. There are a couple options. One, rotate the shroud so that the fan sits on top and pushes air down accross the fins. You may need to drill a couple holes in the fins, but if you do it just right, the screws will fit between the fins and hold the shroud in place.

Second option is getting a couple slimline fans and mounting them on the sides. There is a teeeeeeny bit of room left over. Have one suck and the other blow. Try looking at www.coolerguys.com/ and peep the setup they sell there. They have one specifically for your Abit KT7A mobo.

Good Luck!