• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oil cooler???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris

my dad said he could get me an oil cooler for free, would this be any good for water cooling. Im just starting to read up on water cooling as it seems it might be worth while. Any links or info would be gratefull.

Depends on what it is, what it is made of and what condition it is in. I have a transmission cooler that has copper tubes. Some oil coolers are perfect for computer cooling.

that's something else I've been thinking is the tranny coolers are small an thin usually so they can fit infront of the radiators...

Tithulta said:
that's something else I've been thinking is the tranny coolers are small an thin usually so they can fit infront of the radiators...

Mine is a Flex-o-lite brand one that came from Auto Zone. It has copper tubes and aluminum fins. The one I have has 6 passes and is for a 3/4 Chevy truck. There is also a 4 pass one that would be cheaper.

If your thinking of using a tranny cooler get a performance app cooler. Flexolite has them and so does B&M. They are for street rod/racing apps. They cool a whole hell of alot better, look at one and you'll see why.

Back