• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok computer is seriously f'ed up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DietPepsi0219

i recently installed the omega 2.6.87 drivers for my ati radeon 9250, since they were taking so long to install i said **** it and cancelled the installation. I then proceeded to uninstall the omega drivers but while i was doing so it asked me if i wanted to uninstall the "ati" and "ati radeon 9250" drivers, and since i was uninstalling the omega drivers i assumed they were the drivers omega had installed. So i clicked yes for both. I restarted the computer, and all of the colors were jacked up so i tried installing the drivers that came with the card but it said that there was some sort of installshield runtime error and that i couldnt continue installing. So i checked the permissions of the installshield and they seemed fine. I did a system restore reverting my box to sometime last week when my computer was working fine. I restarted and got the blue screen of death telling me "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area". So i restarted again and got the same message. I rebooted again tapping F8 and it said "keyboard failure" so i restarted AGAIN and this time the monitor didnt display anything. So i restarted ANOTHER time tapping F8 and it finally allowed me to boot into safe mode *thank god otherwise i would kill myself because that happened one time before and i had to reinstall windows and lost everything.* So here i am stuck in this crappy resolution typing out essays about how i ****ed my computer up and that i need help to fix it. ANY answers?

Well, system restore is good in theory but in practice is bloody awful. On every system I setup, it, along with many other things, gets turned off immediately after the first boot up.

That being said, I don't know what might have been ****ed up if you canceled in the middle of an install or why you were getting install shield errors BUT you can try using THIS GUIDE; read:
2.) System Purging This details the steps on how to completely remove ATI drivers - Almost as effective as a format. Use this to correct errors during installation, or to conduct a fresh install of ATI drivers to fix strange game/app errors that no one else is having.
I have used it my self to great effect.

wow thank you i will deffinately try this after school tomorrow because ive got a garbage load of homework still to do and its midnight here...thanks for the linky!!

ya that was weird....i re-uninstalled all of the ATI stuff and then reinstalled it all again...i dont know why it didnt work the first time....probablly ATI's screw up..kanucks i dont get em eh?

Back