• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK, I'm pissed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

After building my nephews pc windows was installed for the first 2 days, then all of the sudden it deactivated. The only thing I changed in this machine was the cpu and gpu. The motherboard is the same one I used to activate windows six months ago and it was the same account . Can someone help me. I refuse to pay $100 for a freakin windows account especially after there was already one on there.

Follow the steps to reactivate it. When it doesn't work, it typically offers you a number to call and they'll reactivate it for you if it won't do it automatically. It lists a bunch of numbers you have to list to the operator/automation and it should work.

Or........ go to URCDkey and get a much cheaper one than that.

Last edited:
I don't have anymore cash until next month. Damn bank blocked me from overdrafting anymore. I still have that Lian Li o11 Dynamic PC Masterace Edition case for sale. I'll include 9 arctic pwm fans for the total price including shipping for $350. I saw a guy on ebay asking over $1000 for one so yeah. Only 2000 made. I also still have some Corsair Dominator DDR4 3600 RAM for sale for $70 including shipping. I'm so desperate for money right now I'm almost willing to start robbing people. Sick and tired of being broke. END OF RANT.

So follow the steps and make the call............................... it usually works, especially with such minor hardware changes. Make the effort before you pout and stomp about.

I tried that to no avail man.
You had the code on the screen and called the number and they denied you?

Did you talk to a person?

I've never had that not work.

Worth noting... although the watermark is a bit annoying, Windows still 2orks except you can't personalize it. It's not like it doesn't work... ;)

I tried that to no avail man.
Well...what did Microsoft support say?

Last year I called Microsoft support to activate Windows XP Pro on two computers and Office 2003 Pro on one. They were very patient and helped me do that. Note online and phone activation failed so I had to call Microsoft to talk to someone.

BTW, I upgraded the CPU and GPU also on my main desktop that has Windows 10 Pro. I had no problem with Windows or its activation after that.

are we talking legit problem or joking about it? because i mean if legit then your past the first step and i am sure theres groups around you could attend.

if otherwise, as i have told friends in the past after they managed to delete something in the root directory that windows needed andn cause no windows boot, dont drink and compooter

hurt computer

Back